[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the family is over for dinner right now and my mom says to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5887.gif (44KB, 297x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5887.gif
44KB, 297x200px
So the family is over for dinner right now and my mom says to her husband, "you treat me like a slave nigger." How do I fix this? Mom tried saying sorry and it was only a joke, and now she's in the bathroom putting on makeup for her costume.

Thing is my mom doesn't even dislike her or black people in general. She just literally has zero fucking filter and now a word she uses in private was just used in front of my girlfriend who is literally from Zimbabwe.
>>
>>17720357
It'd be an easier solution to explain that your mom is just wacky and has zero filter but isn't a racist than trying to fix her. If she still didn't learn it by now, there is pretty low chance she ever will.

Even if your gf and mom won't become best friends, as long your gf can tolerate her shit it should be fine, no?
>>
>>17720357
You could avoid this by getting a nice white girlfriend.
>>
>>17720357
Maybe your mom is trying to get rid of her.
Pic unrelated.
>>
File: 1469471942499-1.jpg (62KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1469471942499-1.jpg
62KB, 500x669px
If she's not from the US, does she have quite the magnitude of reaction to the word "nigger" as we'd see here? I've always wondered that.
>>
>>17720561
I used to work with a guy from Uganda who swore that the word nigger only offended him when it was used directly about him, and then only because he was "African, not some American coon."

Dude would say this in front of black people. He must have left all his fucks back in the homeland.
>>
is your girlfriend offended or are you offended for her
>>
>>17720627
She was born in Uganda and came to the US as a child, but he parents still have heavy accents.

Anyway, she was pretty livid over it but I explained how my mom has only spoken the best of her and how she didn't mean it in a derogatory way, just that she has zero filter. I think her overhearing having a discussion with my mom about how that language isn't ok calmed her down.

Still unsure how she'll feel after tonight, but at least she's not overtly angry about it anymore.
>>
File: 3vxcyom_720.jpg (58KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
3vxcyom_720.jpg
58KB, 720x706px
>>17720490

This is the correct answer.
>>
>>17720517
>>>pol

>>17720357
This anon vvvv
>>17720490

Is mostly correct. The thing about older people is that they've been habitual about these things for DECADES longer than you've even been alive. It's like telling someone who's been right handed their whole life that they have to now write with the left under certain conditions (like not saying nigger in private despite however many decades of doing exactly that)

You aren't going to comfortably force someone to switch writing hands after decades of use, and likewise you're not going to get much out of trying to change your mom.

You'll have to have a heart to heart with your girlfriend and tell her that she has to survive the uncomfortable moments like that, but understand your mom doesn't mean anything by it.

It may put your mom in a slightly bad light, but everyone has a relative that's weird in some way, and new family has to adapt to old family - not the other way around.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.