[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is teaching in the USA as shitty as information is telling me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: teaching.jpg (1MB, 3867x2578px) Image search: [Google]
teaching.jpg
1MB, 3867x2578px
Is teaching in the USA as shitty as information is telling me it's going to be? I'm a 19 year old male, in college, and I want to pursue a career in education, probably in English or Math, History/Social Studies if I was really lucky. I love teaching, and I love the atmosphere of passing on knowledge to younger students (I want to teach at a highschool level). However, I'm worried that the combination of pay, shitty funding for education as a whole, and kind of being treated like shit by everyone in American society, it'll be a hard job to enjoy, despite my passion for it. Is it like this all around the world, or would I find teaching more fulfilling in other countries?
>>
>>17720302
Math. You'll be an actual asset. English teachers aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
>>
>>17720324
Not really what I was asking for in terms of advice, but I'll keep your wise wise words in mind, friend.
>>
Just pray you don't have to teach at a """"""urban""""" school. Around blacks, never relax.
>>
>>17720302

>actually deciding to make shit money for life
>actually deciding not to be good at a field
>actually deciding to spent entire life in cuck environment
>>
I would say that you need to ask a teacher who has traveled the world teaching in other countries. I had one such teacher in grade school. She was awesome. She taught in Iraq before the war.
>>
>>17720419
Well most of those are only truths in American society from what I've learned, and that mentality is the exact reason way.

Also
>implying Teaching is a field that anyone off the street could do sufficiently.
>>
Go teach English in South Korea, Japan, China, Vietnam, or Taiwan for a few years then go back and get your masters to teach at a university if you get sick of living abroad. At least they won't make you pay out of pocket for classroom supplies and the children are much better behaved.

Teaching public primary/secondary school in the USA is awful, especially in the first few years of your career. The parents make it really bad.
>>
>>17720487
Could you make a permanent career out of living abroad and teaching english in those countries? I always hear about programs to teach in SK and Japan, but it's usually for 1,2 or 3 years, not as a full career.
>>
Live in a very well respected area. As long as it's not California it shouldn't be too expensive. I'm having the same dilemma. I wouldn't know what I should major in (thought about psychology), i'm not very good in math so majoring in a math or science would be unrealistic for me.English is too useless IMO.
>>
>>17721138
Well, I'd very much like to live in a city, I've been in suburbs my entire life and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

I can do math, but it's not something I'm passionate about whatsoever, and I don't think I make a fantastic teacher for that subject. I'm majoring in it right now because it basically guarantees a job, but I'd be much happier teaching english/history, if I stayed stateside.
>>
>>17720302
>shitty funding for education as a whole,
Americans actually throw a crap ton of money at education. A significant portion of it just ends up in the pocket of administrators.
>>
>>17720493
I hear if you go to the Gulf and maybe a few other places in Japan and Europe, you can make pretty good money. You have to have experience though.

I'm trying to do this in China and spend two to three years abroad, come back and do God knows what
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.