[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over the damage anime did to my perception of women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: moogs.png (343KB, 900x711px) Image search: [Google]
moogs.png
343KB, 900x711px
How do I get over the damage anime did to my perception of women and relationships?

I started watching anime when I was 15 because I considered myself to be a loser and pretty much wanted to find something that would help me meet other people like me. Turns out I got along with weebs a lot worse than most people so it didn't work, but I did end up getting into a lot of it, especially the cutesy slice of life stuff. I can tell it fucked the way I view women and caused me to have extremely unrealistic standards for girls and relationships and I'd like to be able to move on from it but don't know how.
>>
Just watch more mature anime that displays women in more realistic ways!
>>
>>17720055
fuck off
>>
>>17720048
It has something to do with the behavioral sink.

I can only occasionally get into and slice of life may be my least favorite.

Meanwhile I have a friend who watches maybe 80% of the seasonal anime every season, loves slice of life, is borderline autistic, and started alienating people.

He got kicked out of his parents so went to live with our other friend's parents while he fails communitt college. He also works part time and blows his money on not finding a place to stay.

Focus on improving your life and I'm sure the anime will resolve itself. Spending too much time in any abstract realm will damage you. Find a tether that will keep you grounded in reality.
>>
>>17720062
Thanks. It probably would help a lot to find something to pull me back into the real world and stick to it for a while. I actually haven't watched any new anime in a long ass time, or much at all. Even while not watching it though, I still have issues in relationships, especially with dealing with the fact that real girls aren't going to fit the standards I had for anime girls.
>>
>>17720072
You'd be surpised how great an honest relationship can be.

Do you work or do schooling?

I found work kept me more productive than school ever did.
>>
>>17720113
School yes, work not at the moment though I've been trying to find a job. I also am currently in a relationship with a girl I really like, however I've been having a lot of trouble with it lately (trust, self-esteem shit, etc) and I can tell that a lot of my issues with women go back to worshiping anime girls for so long.
>>
>>17720048
Not just girls and relationships, anime distorts the view of people and reality in general. One weeb friend I used to have stayed in his home all day for years after failing college and became isolated from the rest of the world. He never put serious effort in getting a job. He cultivated a very distorted perception of himself, thinking that he's some sage with great wisdom who knows what's best and what's right. The way he analyzes things was based almost completely on his imagination because he rarely goes out, hates reading, always assumes he's right, and has no interest in learning at all. When he makes mistakes, he completes forgets about them then makes those same mistakes again. He always tried to imagine himself being better than others by using other people "lesser" than him to compare himself with. When he's criticized, he would immediately accuse the person giving the criticism of being flawed too, as if that would somehow validate his behavior and lifestyle choices. He was a compulsive liar, had anger issues, paranoid about everything, never trusted anyone, never grateful about anything, and took everything for granted.

The best way to repair the damage is to just go out into the real world and be humbled.
>>
>>17720120
No one innately worships anime titties. This probably stems from something else.

If your relationship isn't working andnyou can't picture it in the long term without some convincing then it's fine to call it off. It could be that you just need to be with someone else.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.