[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay. I've got a question for all you neuroscientists and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Black Science Guy's Advice.jpg (31KB, 200x181px) Image search: [Google]
Black Science Guy's Advice.jpg
31KB, 200x181px
Okay. I've got a question for all you neuroscientists and psychiatrists out there

What are the possible causes of the following:

>wake up one day, realize I have no emotions
>I used to be a super happy person, very kind and outgoing, sappy scenes made me cry
>now nothing. I tried to imagine my family dying in a car accident, and I felt nothing
>I was deeply in love with a wonderful girl before this; I woke up one day and suddenly felt nothing towards her
>I used to be deeply motivated and have a ton of goals and dreams. Now, If I failed college today, it wouldn't bother me
>Can't feel any emotions any more. Not happy, not sad, not angry. Nothing.
>If a tree fell on my car today, it wouldn't bother me like it would have before this started
>used to be super horny all the time; now have zero libido. I can still orgasm, but I don't have any sex drive, nor do I feel much of any sexual attraction towards anyone.

It has been going on for about a week and a half now. I am very concerned. Before you say "see a doctor", I already have an appointment scheduled. I just want to know possible explanations for it. Everyone in my family, and even my coworkers have noticed that something is different about me. I am just not myself anymore.

What do you know of that could cause this??
>>
You're depressed. Get out in the sun and take some vitamins.
>>
>>17719638
what vitamins?
Also, why did this just happen so suddenly?

I have been getting plenty of sunlight lately.
>>
Honestly, you need to see a doctor. it could be depression, but it could also be lots of other stuff.

And while previous anon suggested sunlight and vitamins, it is not a cure-all for everybody.

Along with sleep, financial security, a social life, fulfilling hobbies, exercise, and a healthy variety of food (and a little bit of dessert, too), they fall under the category of things that your body needs, the lack of which can cause/worsen depression. Getting all of these can cure depression in some people, but others need medicinal intervention. Medicine can also help give you the energy to seek out these things, since depression makes you less likely to take care of yourself effectively.
>>
>>17719638
have you been extra stressed recently?
it sounds like a depressive episode possibly brought on by stress... don't worry though, i've had the shittiest shit storm of depression and i was always just like how you described...im doing so well now so if i were you i wouldn't be worried in terms of this being a long term thing. just keep at it with the doctors! i wish you the best of luck
>>
>>17719681
Not at all. I was actually very happy before this started.
Which is why I am so confused.
>>
I suppose I should mention that I am 18 years old, I have ADHD and OCD, and I take 30 milligrams of Adderal XR every day.
>>
>>17719681
How long did that phase last for you?
Could you describe how you felt in your own words?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.