[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like my life are basically empty. I don't have any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_o2lodxCQzg1u44tgpo1_400.png (142KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2lodxCQzg1u44tgpo1_400.png
142KB, 400x225px
I feel like my life are basically empty. I don't have any special interests, career pursuit, dreams or goals. If I died tomorrow I have nothing unfulfilled. How do I find something? What do?

>inb4 kys yourself
>>
>>17719429

make a list of everything you want to try. then try it. give it the old college try not the

>'oh that sounds stupid so im not gonna' try
or the
>'oh i read about it but didnt like it' try
or the
>'i went to one meeting and was kidna bored' try

see things through for a month or until the end.

make an entire short film, not just write a script and give up. finish three issue arc of your comic. create a single level video game.

but dont just start something, not finish and say 'ITS NOT FOR ME'.
>>
>>17719456
That's the thing, I can't find something that attracts me enough. Like, I don't really know where to start.
That 'list of things you want to try' is empty.
>>
File: doubt.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>17719471
Then try everything until you do find something. Thats literally how you get interests. You see something, try it, decide to keep it or not.
Go look at your city's meetup.com page. Go down the list if there's absolutely nothing you have even remote interest in, because I highly doubt that's true.
>>
>>17719471

can you draw? make a comic. do you liek watching movies? make a short film. do you like playing video games? make a video game. do you write? make a book... or an audio play. write a song. learn an instrument. learn a language.

if none of these interest you then write them each on a piece of paper, put the min a hat, and pull them out one by one.

if you do each of these and none of them appeal to you, then go to google and type in 'list of hobbies' and go through every single one of those lists and try those.

but let go of the idea you have of not liking anything. that's your biggest problem. and we see it all the time. its a defense mechanism. in your head, even if you can't see it, you have rationalized that oyu are in a way superior for not liking anything. you word it as not being good enough for this world, but in your head it makes you feel like the world isn't good enough for you.

id say 'trust me, i am a psychologist.' but you would not really want to believe that or trust me so, thats basically the end of my advice there.
>>
>>17719429
>I feel like my life are basically empty. I don't have any special interests, career pursuit, dreams or goals. If I died tomorrow I have nothing unfulfilled. How do I find something? What do?

99% of humans work to get money so they can get sex, drugs, cars, entertainment, and other cheap pleasures. it's not like they like their jobs or have any grand goals. you could try that.
>>
>>17719490
Are you legit a psychologist?
Tried drawing, tried learning German and Spanish. Played a guitar and a Piano.
I can write things well but I'm not sophisticated enough to write a book.

Coming to think of it, it may be a deeper thing. Maybe I want to be good at something so I'll be appreciated and feel worthy.
>>
>>17719524
This is what I currently do and it feels shit. That's why I made this thread.
>>
>>17719527

>im not sophisticated enough to write a book

this is about fun, not about talent.

>i tried drawing

did you do a comic? three issues? posted online?

>tried learning german

a full year?

>played guitar and a piano

can you still play or did you take a class?

>legit psychologist

no. I minored in psychology and work in the self help industry now.

make something REAL. not just learn a little and give up before the payoff.

and again, you need to let go of the idea of not liking things. right now it sounds like you DONT want to like things.
>>
>>17719530
Then you could save money to go do good deeds. Like, something unambiguously good, building huts for doctors. Paying for someone's vasectomy. Joining the peace core.

You could become a monk for a while and speak ultimate wisdom and focus, or try to become the best at some other skill. You could become an expert in some field you like. One example where amateurs are also the experts (because no one will pay academics to do it) is research on electoral systems, if you're good at math. Or you could pick some period of history you like, learn everything about it, and publish.

If you know how to write, either english or code, both allow you to create infinitely diverse structures. Write a constitution for you perfect country. Upload it and debate it. Or write a browser plugin that helps people filter and keep track of news articles.

These are all things that I would enjoy doing quite a bit.
>>
>>17719524
Eh, this logic isn't 100% off, but it's too narrow.
People seem to forget that perfection doesn't exist, and for some reason see this shit as black and white. If I'm not 100% happy with my life, then I must be 100% unhappy.
Career paths tend to fall into a few categories, the 2 main ones being you can work for money so you can enjoy your freetime, or you can work something you at least somewhat enjoy, that makes enough to live off, so you can somewhat enjoy most of your time as a whole, work and free.
But the thing about work is, it's always work. Even if it's something you love, it will not always be fun times. Everyone gets bored of doing the same shit every day eventually, even if it was something you initially enjoyed. Even those fucking youtubers making millions playing fucking video games get sick of it eventually.
Everyone's job will hit a lull eventually whether you liked it initially or not.

So you're right, it's not like everyone likes their jobs all the time, but I'd say most do at least some of the times. There are days I love my job. There are others where I wonder why the fuck I ever did this to myself. Life is about balance. It's never going to be the perfect ideal all the time, the best you can hope for is to have a life that you can like more than you can hate.
>>
>>17719566
>speak
*seek

I'm srs worried about my brain lately, it's been puking up any remotely similar words. I prolly need to take a break from typing things
>>
>>17719568
yeah, I was being very simplistic. It's not 99% either. At least 30% have a middle step of some sort, where they twist their pleasure centers into liking something else. And a lot of people legitimately get the most pleasure from mental puzzles, athletic prowess, etc. Lucky bastards.
>>
>>17719595
Hah right, like you get that rare bunch that fall in the middle of the "things I like" and "things that make tons of money" diagram.
Friend legitimately enjoys shit like anatomy and surgery. He gets excited every damn day he gets to go to his lab classes. Gonna make bank as a surgeon one day and legitimately enjoy doing it.
But again, even he will start to find it boring after it's become his routine for 20+ years.
I'm going into education personally, because I figure it's a pretty braindead easy job (Make/steal lesson plans for your first year, then recycle them for the next decade), it makes a decent living for a single adult at least, and it has a fuck ton of benefits and time off. I'm glad I switched to high school though. I started in elementary thinking, damn teaching 2+2 is a walk in the park, and I like kids enough it'd be fun to just play with kids all day and get paid to do it.
Fuck no. Since kids attention spans are like 10 minutes you have to make a new damn lesson plan for every 10 minutes of the day, and kids are only cute and fun for so long. Took a semester for me to nope out of student teaching.
High school's chill though, I can get into this. Like I said, if I were doing what I loved, I'd be doing some sort of art shit. But there's no money in art until you're dead so I'll take this job that I somewhat like and gives me plenty of time to do what I do like.

If we lived in a perfect world, we'd all change jobs every decade or so. But since that requires a lot of education, time, and money, it's not going to happen.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.