[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop feeling like shit for never having had sex or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1389332145157.jpg (42KB, 503x399px) Image search: [Google]
1389332145157.jpg
42KB, 503x399px
How do you stop feeling like shit for never having had sex or having been in a relationship with somebody?

Opening this thread because I know I'm not the only anon on this board who cares about this sort of thing.
>>
Alcohol
Games
Fap
>>
Basically this:
>>17717842

Distractions, distractions, and more distractions.
Also if you wanted to feel like you're making an effort you can try all of the different forms of online dating.
It likely won't get you anywhere, but at least you can say you're trying.
>>
>>17717907
>but at least you can say you're trying.

Except that you aren't. This is like saying you're trying to get in shape cause everyday you do bicep curls with 5 lbs weights for 5 minutes and you think you're on the same level as the guy who goes into the gym 5 times a week and absolutely shreds it for an hour non-stop.

But hey, "at least you tried! :) Participation medal! :D"
>>
>>17717838
Mankind is hardwired to suffer for what they don't have.

Even if you had sex or 30 relationships you would still feel shitty for something else.
>>
>>17717925
I never said that trying online dating would make you think you're on the same level as people who can get relationships normally, just that it is trying.

Doing bicep curls everyday for 5 minutes is better than not working out at all, if you want to become stronger.
>>
>>17717934
>just that it is trying.

No it isn't

>Doing bicep curls everyday for 5 minutes is better than not working out at all, if you want to become stronger.

No it isn't
>>
>>17717935
That's fine.
It isn't like people work out or look for a girlfriend to impress others. Not unless they're super shallow, anyway.
As long as I can tell myself that I'm trying, than I am.
;)
>>
>>17717838
Getting laid wasn't all that. Bitches ain't loyal anyways. Haven't been in a relationship since my first. Lasted a year and a half. We had a month long lull in the middle of it where she left me for her ex. (Didn't find that out until after we were back together) after they didn't work out she somehow managed to fuck about 6 other guys during that month. Then she comes back to me and gives me all the details. Even though we weren't together at the time I couldn't carry on the relationship lest I feel like a cuck everyday.
>>
>>17717971

Your story sounds somewhat similar to mine although in my case it was 4 years, turned long distance, and she was simultaneously dating another guy the same time she was dating me, (again didn't know about all this until it was over)
>>
>>17717979
What do you do for a living anon? Student here. Just quit my job at McDonald's. 19
>>
>>17717994

im a software engineer, graduated last year, things broke off in 2014 but it feels more recent than that. I have gotten over her in that I don't feel sad/sorry for myself like I did the initial months after, but she did pull some really ridiculous stunts which I later pieced together as her just being a fundamentally broken human being. If she didn't want to date me she should've broken up with me in 2012, instead of me having to find out she was dating *another* dude while dating me, and me having to save up a whole bunch of money to go see her 8 hours away, learnt my lesson though.
>>
>>17718000
Nice trips. Yeah, I'm studying comp. Sci. Second year. Do you recommend software development?
>>
that face when every person in this board is a programmer.

are we all just socially retarded or are none of us going to be able to find a job?
>>
>>17718033
Honestly I'm only pursuing it on a rec from a high school teacher. Honestly I still don't know what I want to do.
>>
>>17718040
idk, but one thing I'd recommend is checking if your degree is "top heavy" like mine was. Easy up to junior year, then BAM! 10 difficult classes right when you think you're almost done.

I love writing code, but even if I didn't I hate every other major so much I'd probably still stick with it. If you enjoy writing code or fiddling with an LDAP setup in your basement it's almost certainly a good way to go.

Also fear your algorithms course. Take that bitch with a bunch of easy classes if you can. It's usually a bunch of calc 2 and tons of tricky, headache inducing, word problems.
>>
>>17717842
>Fap
>Alcohol
>Games
>>
>>17717838
>How do you stop feeling like shit for never having had sex or having been in a relationship with somebody?

Have you actually tried very much to get a girlfriend? Have you done very much to make yourself an appealing candidate?

If you haven't tried to get a girlfriend, start trying. If you have tried but keep failing, reflect on why you failed and try again, and if you fail, reflect on what went wrong and try again, and so on.

If you want a girlfriend and you're struggling a lot and getting knocked back, assuming that you are learning from you mistakes and are improving, you will just have to carry on with mental toughness and keep trying, the only alternative is not to try to get a girlfriend.

BTW when I say try, I don't mean pursuing full-on, I mean meeting girls, putting yourself in situations where you meet new girls, using dating applications and being honest with what you want without being too forward.

If you have not been trying to make yourself an appealing candidate, why would a decent girl want you? Why would an attractive girl choose you if she can pick someone that has made themselves more appealing? Of course, some people are naturally luckier than others, that's just life.

If you want someone decent in your life, you will have to be someone decent yourself, so put in the effort.
>>
>>17718853
Almost all of the women I meet are taken. This is not an exaggeration; they are almost all in living long term relations with guys they really like. And if they arent, they're hung up on an ex or "talking" to all these other guys. I get a bunch of flaking and brush offs because of this and it's pretty demoralizing.

>more appealing
I've gotten to the point where women like "hanging out" with me but never anything more. And its annoying feeling like I have to be perfect for these girls, when they themselves are hardly perfect. I never meet a woman who is perfect for me in every single way and if this is what they want I would rather just die alone then put myself through all that.
>>
File: 23214.png (41KB, 1096x469px) Image search: [Google]
23214.png
41KB, 1096x469px
>>17718853
>I mean meeting girls, putting yourself in situations where you meet new girls, using dating applications and being honest with what you want without being too forward.

Not OP but I need more info on this

I'm not scared of girls, they don't intimidate me at all so talking to them isn't a problem, I just cant find them in any contexts where I feel like talking wouldn't be forced

Its pretty easy for me to meet guys and become friends with them, but I just can't seem to do the same with girls

I'm at a college campus, how am I mean to do this?

Also, how do I get people to take these pictures for me?
Except for the dog one, I can't think of anyone I could ask to take a picture of me and a dog
>>
>>17718033

Being a software programmer throws a huge monkey wrench into socializing cause we are always trying to apply how we solve problems into it, and it just doesn't translate well at all.
>>
Why is losing your virginity something significant to you?
>>
>>17719210
I'm neither OP , but I feel you .
I can make friends with any guy quite easily and a step ahead of you , I can make friends with girls too but this forced thing ... most girl are really lazy I guess when it comes to conversations .
What really bothers me is that most girls ( like 90% ) are just plain boring and uninteresting for me . It's not really me being uninteresting - my friends and aquintances tell me they can talk a lot with me about any topic . I just fuckin don't understand .
As for practical advice - go out with college friends to bars or to some ( preferably house ) parties . Meet more people.
As for the picture thing , no idea here .
>>
>>17719711
Because as a man I'm curious about and attracted to women. What's weird is I've had a few offers to lose it but the first one was with a girl I didn't get along with at all, the second time was somebody I didn't feel strongly enough about and the third I just wasn't attracted to at all.

>>17719742
Good tips thanks. I got invited to things recently but I've been too into my hobbies and work to go, maybe I need a better balance.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.