[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I met this guy in the summer and have started to date for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (189KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 750x1334px
I met this guy in the summer and have started to date for about four months. He's talking about moving in together and going on trips and long term stuff. Is that going too fast? How long should it before before living together and such happens?
>>
>living together
>after 4 months
Nope. I say dating at least a year, as a generalisation. Short trips and talking about the future is fine, though planning something like marriage is taking it a bit too far
>>
>>17717697
That's what I figured. He's got a few years on me and I'm only 20. I like him but I have a nagging in the back of my head that something isn't right, why would a guy want to move so fast?
>>
>>17717705
It's usually because they have something wrong with them that makes them difficult to date - like a bad temper or they're lazy, something that makes it difficult to maintain a relationship so they're desperate to hurry and get you to invest in the relationship to make it more difficult for you to leave when their shitty behavior crops up.
>>
>>17717705
Well if he's older, then he probably feels like he needs to settle down and whatnot. Otherwise >>17717714 is also an answer, though possibly less likely. Another possibility is that he's inexperienced and is desperate for sex, and/or really doesn't know what a normal and healthy pace for a relationship is.
>>
>>17717714
>>17717720
He's the youngest of his siblings and they already have 3-4 kids each and has mentioned that he's very family oriented. He's treated me very well so far, but I feel like there's more to him than what I've seen? An older coworker mentioned that guys who describe themselves as family oriented are usually abusive and usually I would ignore that but now that's in my head and I can't shake it.
Him moving so fast, he doesn't like that I work so much (granted I work 45+hrs/week as a full time student), he seemed iffy when I mentioned guys that I work with in convo...
At the same time he's very generous, almost too into me(has already told me he loves me, bunch of gifts etc), and is EXTREMELY well off, and I don't know if I'll find someone like him again if I let him go. I don't know if I'm looking too much into it but I think I'm going to have a sit down with him and lay some things out. It's easy to get caught up in it all at the moment but when in home and I think back its like, wow I've known this guy for less than a season and he's talking about our ten year anniversary wth is up with that.
I think I just needed to vent this too, I'm really confused and don't know what I want to do. I don't want to move so fast but I don't want to loose him either.
>>
>>17717785
>he doesn't like that I work so much (granted I work 45+hrs/week as a full time student), he seemed iffy when I mentioned guys that I work with in convo...
>almost too into me(has already told me he loves me, bunch of gifts etc)
>I've known this guy for less than a season and he's talking about our ten year anniversary wth is up with that.
Jesus Christ, red flags galore.

Talking to him is a good idea and a good start, but don't feel like you can't leave him if you're not comfortable with this relationship.
>>
>>17717790
I figured they're red flags but what do they point to?
Full disclosure his family owns a multi million dollar company and I know I will never have someone interested in me who can guarantee me an extremely safe future like that again, and considering I come from a single parent household who supported a family of four on 20k/yr, to not have to ever worry about money again sounds amazing (he doesn't know my family's bg but man... My mother would never have to worry again, my future kids will never go to bed hungry...)
One part of my brain is telling me no youre young you should be having experiences, another is saying something about this doesn't add up you should stop this before it gets too big, another is thinking what I can get out of this for the future. And it would be a really sweet future. I don't dislike him, I enjoy him, but he's a little flat and I definitely don't love him
>>
>>17717815
Like I said, don't feel like you can't leave him if you're not comfortable. I'm not saying that you need to dump him now, but don't feel like you're locked into the relationship for good just because you've given him 4 months of dating. Don't forget you're half the relationship too, and that your opinions about things like moving in and marriage are equally valid. If he's worth being with, he'll know this and won't pressure you into moving at a pace you consider too fast.
>>
>>17717822
Hey thanks a lot
I take things a little too seriously sometimes haha like you said it's been 4 months, I don't know why I'm looking at it with the mentality of someone who is considering splitting up with someone who they're married to. I'll talk to him the next I see him and if he isn't willing to slow things down to where I'm comfortable with it, I think I'll end it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.