[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 year old here. Been dorming at uni and I feel like im still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2005.jpg (17KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2005.jpg
17KB, 277x182px
18 year old here. Been dorming at uni and I feel like im still wasting life life. I don't feel like a man. I have no friends. I stopped talking to people after the first two weeks. Its like highschool all over again. Any advice to improve life?
>>
Talk to your roommates, talk to your classmates, join societies, go to parties. You gotta get out there and actually do stuff, you got more opportunities than you did at high-school, so get off your fat arse and don't waste them
>>
>expects things to be different at uni when you make absolutely no effort to make things different
>>
>>17717619
at that age people still socialize over some stupid clique gimmick. like smoking weed or being superior to people who smoke weed or being obsessed with sex.

If I were you I'd become obsessed with fitness and other physical activities. I know you wont like that idea, but tough shit it's the smartest thing to do. Trust me.
>>
>>17717631
I just dont know what to do. Ive been reading self help shit for years. I just find it hard to make relationships. >>17717632
I did smoke weed, I was fit, the idea of hanging put with people seems so strange and foreign at this point in my life but yet i feel so lonely. I don't know how to improve. I tried being positive, not jacking off, i would say hi to everybody and sit with random people. I just don't know to connect.
>>
>>17717657
>I just dont know what to do. Ive been reading self help shit for years. I just find it hard to make relationships.
Not talking to people isn't going to help, you moron. Neither is reading books about talking to people.
>>
>>17717631
Also i came here for advice you fucking twat. How about not being an asshole and helping me. You think I don't understsnd that i need to change?
>>
>>17717666
>babby's first time on 4chan
If you want a hugbox, try >>>/reddit/
>>
>>17717672
I don't need a hugbox. I also don't need a bitter faggot to be rude to me on an advice board.
>>
>>17717657
Remember that you still haven't entered your adult social life, for one thing. college kids aren't all that different from high school kids, and every single one of them (yourself included) have some weird ideas about life and how the world works. The point being, things will change. As you get older you tend to get less emotional, and you tend to accumulate smart responses to things and discard the dumb ones, and just get better at life in general.

but I'll give you the advice I gave to the other social-problems-type-o-post on here: go to a social place and acclimate yourself. It doesn't have to be college kids, personally I got along better with drop outs and losers. My favorite example is just sitting in a hookah bar or similar with your laptop. Pretend to be working while you observe people. Copy their behavior. Get used to being around people.
>>
>>17717686
Ill try that. Im a business major and art minor cuz i wanna be an illustrator/ artist one day. Ill go and practice my art at the cafe instead in my room. Thats good advice
Also I have trouble going from small talk aquaintence to friend. I have this weird fear of going out at night to bars/party's. i actually get invited a lot but i fear being unable to connect to people.
>>
The same, op.
However I do not even fluently speek english, but moved to uni in uk.
>>
>>17717701
Yeah, it's a numbers game with making friends. I, for example, have the sense of humor of a 10 year old. I like quoting borat, talking about queefs, and watching Tim and Eric. So, I don't expect to click with that many people. When I meet people I usually starting asking them what shows they like pretty quickly, and as soon as I hear "China, Il", bam, friendship established. Five stupid jokes later and we're drinking buddies.

That's a fairly small part of my personality, but it's a more common trait that most of the other bits of me, so I use that for connecting. Maybe you can come up with something similar.
>>
>>17717740
Yeah. Ill do that. Thanks
>>
>>17717619
You and literally every other 18 year old freshman.
It's the freshman blues anon, happens to basically everyone. Power through it, and if you feel like you're doing something wrong (Being a shut in) then maybe consider doing, you know, the opposite of what you're doing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.