[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone's out partying and I'm sitting here in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1457406549523.jpg (142KB, 910x772px) Image search: [Google]
1457406549523.jpg
142KB, 910x772px
Everyone's out partying and I'm sitting here in my room with no one to talk to. I'm not invited places. I'm not invited to hang put with people, I have to initiate all conversations, no one will give me a chance on a date, and I'm fucking miserable. I work hard making myself the funniest guy I know very nice and presentable appearance, and fun to be with but I get nothing. Whenever I'm with a group of people I'm only comedic relief or conversation support, no one cares about my opinions or stories.

How can I stop all this misery?
>>
>>17717428
Stop trying so hard. No one like a try hard
>>
>>17717433
How the fuck am I going to get with people if I'm not trying?
>>
>>17717440
>i work hard
Bitch youre admitting trying to hard. How about being someone that is generally interesting instead of someone who is TRYING to get people interested in him.
>>
>>17717456
Nice non answer. Say something specific.
>>
>>17717456
That's what I am though, I'm not trying to fake anything. I'm trying to make friends. I'm certainly not trying too hard, or anything cringey like that.
>>
>>17717469
How is that a non answer? Do i have to layout basic fucking social interaction to you? Is it that damn difficult to comprehend that you dont have to be/act special in order to be accepted?

>>17717474
Well to be upfront it certianly sounds like it is. I understand that it sucks to be bored. BUT it shouldnt be uncomfortable to be alone or quiet. If its absolutly terrifying to be the one in the group that dosnt say anything or you cant stand silence in a conversation, thats a good indicator that youre the problem.
>>
>>17717428
>and fun to be with but I get nothing.
That's very unlikely. Either you're come off as extremely try hard, which is awkward, or you're still pretty boring despite trying so hard.

Not enough info to tell.
>>
>>17717507
Fuck, it's not like I know...
>>
>>17717428
change of venue? i like stupid drunks at bars. they're pretty easy to entertain.

there are plenty of people out there who just like to talk. actually, like 90% of people just like to talk. almost no one likes listening. find another lonely sad sack and find some activity you both find tolerable.

it's hard to say without knowing your interests and age.
>>
>>17717428
Just be yourself.
That's it.
>>
>>17717509
Then help a nigger out.

Tell more about yourself and your interests. How exactly you interact with people and in what settings.

Besides, if you joke all the time, people might think that you can't hold a serious conversation and hence avoid these with you.
>>
>>17717529
I normally speak with people fine, although people do describe me as quiet at times. I go to the gym, I like literature and history, and I play guitar and piano. I don't think I'm boring. I'm not constantly joking either, I do have serious conversations occasionally. No one ever wants to hang out with me though.
>>
yeah, and there's such a thing as over joking.

i can kinda relate, thinking back to my distant past (I'm 30 now). In middle school I was funny as hell and had lots of friends, in high school my humor didn't translate that well and for some reason I didn't update it. I would have been better off not trying to be funny at all.

as you get older, most people have a shtik that works for them, and some people will think of something funny every now and then, and a very few people will just be naturally clever constantly and make everyone jealous.

But nobody likes a "machine for making jokes" (bonus internet points if you get that reference). Work on being calm and cool and other attributes instead of humor for a while.
>>
>>17717543
you haven't said your age, still. 18-20 is a rough age. everyone's trying to party and screw, and it's easy to get left behind.
>>
>>17717553
I'm 19, so I guess so. I don't even know where parties are, nor do I even want to go to one. I just want to fit in and have buddies or even a gf.
>>
>>17717543
>I go to the gym, I like literature and history, and I play guitar and piano. I don't think I'm boring.
Yeah, you do sound like a decently interesting person actually. You said that you look presentable, which eliminates the "avoided because painfully ugly" option. The mystery deepens.
>>
>>17717559
Tbh everyone says I need to smile more, that may be part of the problem.
>>
>>17717428
I got invited to like 3 parties and just stayed home and watched youtube and jacked off all day because fuck people and I also hate myself too :)
>>
>>17717564
you sound a lot like me, but maybe a bit better adjusted. i eventually gave in and started partying, for the most part. i'll still go years where I hardly socialize at all, though, and just work on other stuff.

you should probably try branching out and making friends who share your interests and values. I never had much luck with this, but I didn't try nearly as hard as I should have.

I'll always find girls and people who say "oh yeah, I love political philosophy and books and stuff, too" but we never click because our temperaments aren't very similar.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.