[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which country has the best laws regarding inheritance? My long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1465015629187.gif (3MB, 453x350px) Image search: [Google]
1465015629187.gif
3MB, 453x350px
Which country has the best laws regarding inheritance?

My long term goal in life is to pass on as much wealth as possible to my children so they don't grow up hungry.

What is the best country where the government won't try to screw my kids out of my will?
>>
Cayman Islands?
>>
Where in the world do you live where the government gets involved in inheritance issues?
>>
>>17717351
America
>>
>>17717830
Poor middle class idiots are so manipulated they get up in arms about the estate tax, which they should not because it will never affect them. Unless you have 10 million per child, you needn't worry. It is the rich people telling you to be upset.

Wasting money on a massive international move to avoid an imaginary fee will hurt more than help, financially and your family.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/people-need-not-worry-estate-taxes/

Also, your kids don't pay a tax, it is ludicrous you're wanting to avoid something you don't even know the mechanics of working.
http://time.com/money/4272083/estate-taxes-who-pays/
>>
>>17717851
ok Obama
>>
>>17717857
Great response, very in depth.

Do you even know what an international move would entail, or the process of gaining citizenship (if you can even attain it) for your family and expenses/processes it entails?

As the first article pointed out, if you are one of the 0.2% of Americans who have that much in assets, there are innumerable ways you can structure an estate plan or will or "gift" to avoid paying the government a single cent.

Why pick up and move to a foreign country when there are much easier ways to get around it?
>>
>>17717337
Has nobody on 4chan ever heard of Google?

Google "compare inheritance taxes" and get your answer in 30 seconds or less.
>>
>>17717337
Mfw husband who has no understanding of finances tells me when his mom dies he will inherit her "million dollar condo" (??? A million? Really?) and he will "sit on it to let his assets grow."
>>
>>17717865
i do know what an international move would entail. I have actually done it and It is not that hard. Sure you have to go to a meeting or two to get your greencard but it's not that troublesome that everyone makes you think. And you don't know if OP is travelling alone or not, which I do belive he would be doing so all the propaganda you're spitting isn't very valid. How would you feel if your mother died and she left you $200,000, and then the state takes 30% off of it? Not very nice I would imagine.
>>
Australia isn't bad.

-No inheritance tax.
-Cap gains taxed at your marginal rate (potentially 47%), but discounted 50% if asset held > 1 year (so max cap gains rate is 23.5% assuming you can avoid < 1 year cgt events).
-Dividend imputation
>>
>>17718591
A million dollar condo in New York or California is an incredible bargain.
>>
Isn't there lawyers for this kind of thing?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.