[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't like going out. I'm not really good at socializing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1451171525317.jpg (30KB, 552x631px) Image search: [Google]
1451171525317.jpg
30KB, 552x631px
I don't like going out. I'm not really good at socializing and the people around me aren't that interesting to me. My classmates go to bars and I have no desire to follow. The last party I attended was boring as fuck; I spent half the time listening to conversations while trying to add something, to fit in, but I did not have much to say and the conversations were not *with* me but *by* me.

The problem is that I keep getting the classic no gf feel and it's making me lose my mind. With the years of being alone and isolated, since I have found very few genuine friends and can't see them much, it has been getting more and more intense.

Yet, I don't see how I could get closer to the girls that interest me without going out in the hope that it works. I don't know how to get to spend time alone with a girl. Asking her out doesn't seem like a good idea, since I don't know her that well. Thus, I would go out with a girl that would rather have other friends as well and do something that I don't really like.

How the fuck do I get to know a girl?
>>
take up a hobby or something that isn't vidya games, don't worry about meeting girls or not.
>>
>>17717064
>How the fuck do I get to know a girl?
You go to these parties, get drunk, try to flirt with them, fail horribly due to social incompetence, wake up the next day, realise what you did, kill yourself out of humiliation. I'm up to the last one now so I can tell you it's a guaranteed to work path. You'll never have to feel crippling lonliness again.
>>
>>17717101
I actually have plenty of hobbies, but they're all things you do alone. The not worrying part has been my strategy for several years yet here I am, on the road to kill myself or become a buddhist monk or some shit.
>>
>>17717112
>I actually have plenty of hobbies
List them.
>>
>>17717120
I play guitar, compose/produce music, I read, I write, I work out and I'm learning German.
>>
>>17717192
Doesn't sound like you consider yourself good at any of them.
>>
>>17717107
Hahah i wish i could be around when you get older and look back on this shit and just criiiiiiiiinge. Like yell at yourself in the shower to make this memory go away embarrassing.
>>
>>17717233
>just criiiiiiiiinge
sorry but nothing in this thread made me cringe more than your post.
>>
>>17717221
Where do you get that from? I actually do consider myself good at those things.
>>
I'm in the same boat. Loneliness sucks. I went to a party last night and bailed after 15 minutes. Social situations drain me, man.
>>
>>17717258
We have different definitions of good. If you were actually good at them, you'd feel content. But the fact you want to run away from them into the arms of a girl means you don't enjoy them nor are good enough at them to improve happily.
>>
>>17717290
I do enjoy them and they make me feel happy, yet I feel I still feel lonely often. I feel like I might be running away from actually fixing the situation by spending so much time in those hobbies. They are great, yet they can't replace what I long for.
>>
>>17717253
Other than the fact that my post was ment to signify that shits gonna get better and youll find yourself in a lasting relationship soon enough that this shits gonna seem so simple to you you wont know why you asked it in the first place, how else are you short sighted?
>>
>>17717302
>youll find yourself in a lasting relationship soon enough
I'm 26 and I've never even held a girl's hand man. I haven't changed significantly in the last decade. Everytime I put myself out there to try and improve I feel worse than I did before. Things are not going to change.
>>
>>17717312
>I haven't changed significantly in the last decade
Thats cause (betting) you havent done anything worth a shit to yourself and/or put yourself out of your comfort zone. You just keep going along doing the same shit but maybe in different ways and expecting different results. Am i close?
>>
>>17717315
>Am i close?
No. I'm specifically talking about instances when I put myself out of my comfort zone. It feels so bad that I find myself more averse to doing it again afterwards.
>>
>>17717316
>It feels so bad that I find myself more averse to doing it again afterwards

Oh so you have some sort of asbergers or some shit
>>
>>17717321
nah I don't think so, just bad anxiety.
>>
>>17717352
Well there you go. You are your worst enemy. Two things i dont try to "fix". Anxity and depression. Cause anytime you do it comes back "you dont understand" and i most definitly dont so, man good luck.
>>
>>17717064
>I don't like going out.

same. not because i have anxiety or socially inept. i simply find it boring most of the time and it interferes with my training. i prefer going on a walk. only reason i go to parties or go to bars/clubs is because its all people do and i get lonely sometimes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.