[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I let go of a toxic person that I am desperately in love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (71KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 500x294px
How do I let go of a toxic person that I am desperately in love with? There's nothing I wouldn't give or do to be with this man, but he makes me hurt so much. I'm becoming increasingly suicidal over the fact I can't decide if it hurts worse to be with or without him.
>>
It only hurts to think of losing him because your brain keeps flooding itself with love hormones when you're around him.

When you get rid of him it'll be like quitting smoking, but it'll be worth it.
>>
>>17716628
Not worth it
>>
>>17716628
From experience and still in that situation I can tell you it is so so hard. But for every good moment of love you feel and for every good memory you think of just think of how much hard work it is and how unhappy the relationship has made you. Only time and being 100% away from this person will help. Hang in there OP.
>>
>>17716628
From wasting my life for over 2 years with a toxic person i would say you need to get out. You have already aknowledged that he/she is toxic which is a good first step. You need to then stop thinking that you can change or help them. People don't change unless they want to. You need to put yourself first, have some confidence enough in yourself to leave something that is detrimental to your health and wellbeing. You deserve to be happy and this person does not deserve for you to mollycoddle them so they feel better about themselves. I know how hard it is but you need to be selfish.
>>
>>17716651
>>17717042
It's so difficult. It's been years and slowly, overtime he has chipped away at my self respect and drive to self preserve. How do I make the pain transition I am dreading?
>>
>>17717049
It's going to be really fucking difficult at first, I'm not going to lie. I kept going back to him because everytime i would see him he was so charming and i would let it cloud my judgement. the BEST thing to do is to cut all contact from all social media, everything. Once he is no longer a presence in your life you can begin to focus on healing yourself. You'll miss him at first but you'll begin to realise that it's not him that you're actually missing but it's the idea that he could change/make you happy that upsets you. It feels like you've been cheated, right? It's a good thing that you've already know it's a bad thing, it's time to put those thoughts into actions and do whats right for you. Don't feel guilty or worry for him, he's a grown man and you're not responsible for his happiness, and he certainly doesn't deserve one, either.
>>
>>17717103
Thanks for listening. You're right. I'm just not sure that I'm even ready. I wish I was. I need to find a way before I end up doing something stupid.
>>
>>17716628
have a conversation with him and youll remember why you hate him. if you dont then hes being nice and likes you back.
>>
>>17717132
OP you're a lot stronger than you think, you just need to rip off the plaster. I think once you have the courage to do it, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to live without him. You'll find someone that really loves you and will try to spend every moment making you happy but before that, Self love is most important. You don't need someone to make you happy and vice versa. No need to thank me OP, i was in the same situation a few years ago and i never want anyone to go through what i did :)
>>
>>17716628
Its like if a rat never learned and just latched on to the electrified cheese and eventually just became a smoking burnt hunk of meat.
>>
>>17717213
I'm on my way to being a burning hunk of meat lol.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.