[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started dating someone and it's going well. Someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: n3mw9gu.jpg (92KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
n3mw9gu.jpg
92KB, 500x625px
Just started dating someone and it's going well.

Someone pls tell me how to be a good boyfriend.
>>
>>17716307

put your pee pee in her poo poo
>>
>>17716307
Don't ACTUALLY love her.
>>
>>17716307
ask her how are u every 30 mins and give her advice when shes venting.
>>
>>17716365
kek
>>
If you're asking this question you're already starting with the wrong foot. You should realize that relationships are firstly about you and secondly about your partner. I know people say that you should put your partner first and that it will make both of you happy, but that's a load of crap. If you tend to lurk here you've probably seen a lot of threads about people stuck in shitty relationships that make them unhappy for months or even years and somehow they're unable to leave because of some mental block. There's a many different things that couldve lead to this situation, but more often than not it starts with the question you're asking now "How can I be a good bf/gf?".

If this is one of your first relationships or you still tend to idealize and romanticize relationships you may be inclined to forget about your needs and desires and focus on your partner. At first this can work, when the novelty is saying its word and the infatuation is there. At this point the sacrifices you make seem small and the reward great. But with time, when the infatuation starts to diminish, when the honeymoon period is over you may start to get frustrated because the sacrifices seem bigger and bigger and the rewards smaller. You will feel neglected, bored, unloved, while your partner will start to take your sacrifices for granted. You can see how this is a sure road to failure.

So the question you should be asking is "How can I have a happy relationship?". First of all you need to figure out what you want out of this relationship. Your expectations will most likely change over time, but you should be aware of your needs and desires. And you should also try to understand what your partner wants from you. When she does something you dislike, or if you want something from her you should let her know (well, as long as it's reasonable, of course) and you should also encourage her to let you know if she wants anything from you.

(cont)
>>
>>17716484
Your partner will never be able to satisfy all your wishes and you won't be able to satisfy all her wishes, either, but you should both be aware of what the other person wants, otherwise you may do more wrong than good for the other person. Both of you need to understand this. Relationships are give-and-take. You will have to make sacrifices, big or small. (Preferably small. If both of you have to keep making big sacrifices that's a pretty clear sign that you're incompatible and it's better for both of you to break up.) But so will she. If only one of you is making sacrifices for the other the relationship will fail. I don't care that you think you're fine with it. Maybe you are now, but 2 years from now you won't be.

Get attached. Love her and let her know it, appreciate her and care for her. Put passion into it. But once in a while try to look at it from an objective point of view. Ask yourself how happy the relationship is making you, what's good about it, what's bad about it and what can be improved. Figure out if you want something more from your partner. Ask yourself if she wants something more from you. Maybe even talk with her about it, but I wouldn't suggest it in the beginning of the relationship.

And, most important of all, don't let it get stale. Spend time with her, find something that you 2 can do together, other than sex, talking and a watching a movie before bed. A hobby or any pleasant activity you can share. And once in a while break the routine. Go into a vacation, go play paintball, have a picnic, go for a hike, try a new sport. I can't stress enough how important this is, when you fall in an uninterrupted routine you will get bored of life and of each other and that's the death of any relationship.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.