[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more comfortable with underage drinking. Everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
How do I become more comfortable with underage drinking. Everyone around me at uni is doing it and it really bugs me for some reason.
>>
>>17716253

Have a drink and loosen up.
>>
>>17716269
Probably. I'm just scared because I do ROTC and don't want to fuck my life up.
>>
>>17716270
>rotc
lmao
>>
>>17716270
>ROTC

i think soldiers are allowed to drink with 18 in certain overseas bases
>>
>>17716253
It bothers me too. I'm in the same position. It's not even that it's illegal I don't think, it's just the drinking in general. Imo, I always see drinking to be something someone does when they are too uncreative to think of something fun to do and/or are too uninteresting of a person, so they drink to help fit in and "omgee so cool".

Wait for it, anon... you'll like some girl, she'll surprisingly like you back, you'll be friends for a while and decide to date for 2 years, then college comes around, you're taking a gap year, break up, and live with the reminder every weekend while you're at work at your fucking shit job, she's out partying and drinking and probably is talking and hanging out with other guys, you get depressed and take bike rides through your small town to help and everyone looks at you weird when you go by and it's 30 degrees outside, your parents ask you why you're going out so late and pester you about wearing something lighter so cars can see you but you really don't care and it would be better if a car hit you instead, think about if she would show up at your funeral, if she would cry, then you get home and get into bed and think about if it's too late to text her because she's out partying, end up trying to sleep, get a random text from her, whythefuckdidyoutextme.gif, now you'll be awake for another 2 hours if you reply or not, decide you'll have less anxiety if you just answer and turn off your notifications..... tfw it's saturday and tonight a ton of halloween parties will be going on.. I wish you luck anon.
>>
File: 1375419465338.jpg (16KB, 299x314px)
1375419465338.jpg
16KB, 299x314px
>>17716253

>Everyone around me at uni is doing it and it really bugs me for some reason.

Everyone around you is going to do it all of your life. Underaged drinkers turn into middle aged drinkers who turn into old drinkers.

If you don't want to drink, don't drink. I don't know why any other emotion has to be involved.
>>
>>17716270

For fucks sake, you're going to have a HARDER time in life if you don't loosen up and have a beer when you're in the military. You're old enough to die for your country, you're old enough to have a beer. Just be smart about it.

>>17716303
I don't know what the fuck you're on about in your second paragraph, but the "people only drink to look cool or because they're too boring to have fun sober" idea is pretty much only said by people who have never had a sip of alcohol in their life.
>>
>>17716359
I have not ever had a sip, but I know I don't have any inclination to take that sip because I don't feel like I need something to make me more fun or interesting. I do not want to argue, I'm really just here to try to understand the desire to drink. It makes no sense to me at all and I'm not just saying that knowing there's obvious reasons that I want to fight you on.. I do NOT know.
>>
Just sort of accept that you can't control the lives of other people and what they choose to do with it. They wanna get hosed? Let em. Just be a good friend when one fucks up and winds up hunched over the toilet for a few hours and bring them a glass of water/hold their hair.
I don't drink and it used to bother me when I was, like, 17 when others did, but I got over it.
>>
OP snitch on them if you see it. ESpecially if they are your friends. They need to learn to not do illegal shit. And you are in the military and should hold yourself and your peers to a higher standard
>>
>>17716402

Try drinking and you will find out why people like it.
>>
>>17716253
> Americans arent allowed to drink at 16
>>
>>17716421
I get that doing it I would wholly understand, but is it not weird for me to not want to do the exact thing I hate?
There has to be another way around this.

Drinking has a huge stigma with being trashy and cliche and disgusting. I don't want to associate myself with that shit and I hate that my firend, whom I love dearly, is a part of that culture.
>>
>>17716253
Are you American?

Try understanding just how many other fucking countries allow drinking at 18 or younger.

If you can legally own land, a car, and sign up for the military, you should be allowed to drink alcohol.
>>
>>17716447

Pretty much every adult in the western world had some drinks at one point in their life, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>17716447

Drinking doesn't have that stigma unless you got it from mommy.
>>
>>17716526
Not him. I got my sour opinion of alcohol from knowing what it does to your body and your mind. And watching people drink and thinking to myself that those are trashy people.

Stay true to your principles OP, it will make you feel better in the long run.
>>
>>17716253

You could transfer to an urban school instead of a campus.
>>
>>17716270
As someone who did eight years and left O-5, get as used to people around you being completely out of control in their downtime as you can.
>>
>>17716402
A lot of people like the taste. I dropped probably $100 on beer in the last week that I bought specifically because I was interested in the flavors. I also genuinely enjoy the taste of bourbons and ryes. The CNS effects of alcohol are nice, but I've become less interested in getting drunk as I've gotten out of my 20s.
>>
>>17716815
>>17716745
Thank you for helping me understand, this was actually very helpful.
>>
>>17716253
Understand that the law that states adults are not allowed to have a certain type of liquid is inherently immoral and arbitrary, and you'll begin to be redpilled.
>>
>>17716447
Where are you from? I've never heard that before.

I mean I hate the taste of beer and alcohol in general, but I've literally never thought that way about people that do drink. I'm an American so maybe I'm just used to being around it and just think it's normal.
>>
>>17717532
I'm an American too, I grew up around south west Ohio if that means anything.
This girl at work fucking goes on and on about going to the bar and drinking and how "Literally my friend says he can't drink for the next 6 months and if that were me, I couldn't live XXXD" (It doesn't help she's fucking morbidly obese toxic pessimistic of a bitch... but now that I think of it, if she was hot, i'd just hate her still...) and in my head I fucking get so sick and just think "What a degenerate." I don't think i'm better than people who drink, but it's just so disgusting to me. idk. I hope I gave you some insight to what goes on inside my head. basically i'm repulsed by it.
>>
>>17717630
That's understandable. I used to think that way about people who had lots of sex. I'm not sure what happened in my mind, but now I don't think that way anymore. I wish I could consciously understand what changed in my way of thinking so that I could tell you, maybe that would help. But if it's any consolation, that kind of does sound like a degenerate tbqhwytf
>>
http://www.neuroscientistnews.com/research-news/your-adolescent-brain-alcohol-changes-last-adulthood

>"In the eyes of the law, once people reach the age of 18, they are considered adult, but the brain continues to mature and refine all the way into the mid-20s," said lead author Mary-Louise Risher, Ph.D., a post-doctoral researcher in the Duke Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. "It's important for young people to know that when they drink heavily during this period of development, there could be changes occurring that have a lasting impact on memory and other cognitive functions."
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.