[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend owns a house that her Dad bought her who we both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (71KB, 614x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 614x599px
My girlfriend owns a house that her Dad bought her who we both live in.

While there's no written tenancy agreement, I pay 50% of the mortgage and bills.

She has a couple of mental health problems which causes her to lash out at me at times. Now I've told her I'm going to break up with her and I'll be out when the next lot of bills are due (2 weeks).

But now she's saying she wants me gone and out the house tonight, which can't happen because I don't have anywhere to go and I know I won't get any stuff back that I leave at hers. She has said she'll call the police if I'm not gone by the time she's home in a few hours.

She seems to think she can do this, because it's her house and because there's no written tenancy agreement I have no rights. I'm pretty confident otherwise, that we have an enforcable unwritten bilateral contract, and because I am paying her money I have a right to be here and if she wishes to revoke my tenancy she needs to give reasonable notice.

I've already trapped her into admitting that I've never been violent or threatening towards her and I've recorded it, so she can't pull that one on me.

I don't want to give her any hassle, I just want nothing to do with her, but I need time to make arrangements before I leave.

If, when she does get home, the police do get called. Where do I stand?
>>
>>17716126
How long have you lived there
You probably have some squatter rights
>>
>>17716145
About 5 months.
>>
It could be different between states but generally without a written lease you have to be given a 30 day notice she wants you out.

If you receive mail there it helps with the police in proving you live there im told
>>
>>17716126
you're a moron for not anticipating this
she is fully within her legal rights to press trespassing charges
you made your bed, now you have to... not lay in it
>>
>>17716326
She could but she would lose since the boyfriend has made payments to her mortage and is therefore not a simple guest
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.