[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I currently work a fast food job and am a manager at the place.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1375135112559.jpg (58KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
1375135112559.jpg
58KB, 256x320px
I currently work a fast food job and am a manager at the place. I could have the potential to become a general manager and own my own store one day, but honestly don't know if I'd actually want something like that.

If I were to apply myself for this type of position, would it be wrong to cuss at employees? As a manager at a fast food place, it seems you're forced to raise your voice on a daily basis. Though I refrain from this, which is somewhat frowned upon, I feel I do a pretty good job without having to scream at the top of my lungs. The employees I do work with, I do cuss them out sometimes, but mainly in a joking manner.

If I were to actually own my own place, would this be considered unprofessional and unethical? Fast food jobs can be stressful and frustrating. And if I put in time and effort to get to that high point, losing my job over someones hurt feelings would piss me off.
>>
The problem is you can't be perceived abusive to people under your care.

the perception is what would sink you, it wouldn't have to be between you and someone else. a third party could get the wrong idea just by over hearing you
>>
>>17715437
In front of customers, of course one should keep their cool and never raise their voice to berate another employee, I know.
I understand that part.

But in general, when no customers are around, would it be all right?
>>
>>17715445

nope

if you goto general manager, and start dropping f-bombs on the other managers, that not only could cause problems with the workers, but it undermines your manager's authority to direct those workers.
>>
>>17715469
This is hard.

I'm not ready for this I guess.
>>
>>17715470

it may not be for you yet. are you hurting for the money the promotion offers?
>>
>>17715474
Not really.
The salary one can get for being a GM seems pretty nice.
A few employees have asked me when I'm getting my own store.
I never really wanted to be manager, yet here I am. I actually think it's pretty fun, and being a GM doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult either.
Just hire employees, run your numbers right, and promote the right people who you trust to run your numbers right for you.

I just thought it would be interesting turn for me, because I never wanted to be a GM, yet here I am thinking of becoming one one day.
>>
>>17715482

its worth thinking about, so thats fine. But just understand consequences of your actions reach further than just one person as you assume leadership roles.
>>
There is a difference between
1. Cussing AT employees
and
2. Cussing in the presence of employees

#1 "What the fuck do you think you are doing?!?" is abusive and not acceptable

#2 "I need you to tell me what the fuck is going on" is just crass and should be tolerated in moderation.

However you will find people who will attempt to turn #2 into #1 because they are pussies working minimum wage jobs looking for any way to fuck up someone else's motivation and achievement and get a lawsuit payday.
>>
>>17715426
Go for the promotion. If it doesn't work out, you can then move laterally to management-level jobs in almost any area. (Managing an office or a factory or a loading bay or a retail store isn't all that different, and they'll want your experience and talent, and will teach you the specifics of the business>)
>>
>>17716004
>take promotion, trade up on title and experience

This anon cuts through the bullshit and wins the thread.

Have a related Pepe
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.