[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to break up with my girlfriend. Not because I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: AzxYlgM.jpg (183KB, 1269x1235px) Image search: [Google]
AzxYlgM.jpg
183KB, 1269x1235px
I want to break up with my girlfriend. Not because I don't love her anymore, but because its too much pressure. I'm constantly thinking about her. I'm constantly worried I'm fucking this up. She's too good for me. Once she finds out about all my insecurities she's going to grow tired of them and leave me. She's already way too busy with college, I can't add in dealing someone with insecurities. The more I'm with her the more the insecurities become apparent. I want the best for her and I feel like I'm bringing her down. She has friends, good grades, and a loving family. I have none of that. I was perpetually single and almost killed myself over it but it seems I can't handle the relationship life either. There's no light at the end of this tunnel. Everything will just lead to misery.
>>
You're not used to feeling life as cool that's why you're fucking yourself up like this, you still don't believe that you deserve good things even though they're your girlfriend
That's really nice of you to think about her this way but imo it's just a way to turn yourself down without having to be truly authentic about all your little insecurities, maybe you think she won't like you anymore or whatnot, but you can't lie to her if you feel this way, and you have to realize that you're getting it way out of proportion by overfeeding your fantasies
Life is cool if when you let go of all the mental bullshit
>>
It will with that attitude.
>>
>>17715248
>You're not used to feeling life as cool that's why you're fucking yourself up like this, you still don't believe that you deserve good things even though they're your girlfriend
You're right. It doesn't seem right that things can be this good. I'm used to being let down and disappointed, or settling for "just okay"

I don't really know how to change my attitude about this. When I'm sitting on my computer it all makes sense and I know it's all in my head but when I'm out there in real life nothing feels comfortable.

>>17715255
I know. This relationship is doomed and it's all going to be my fault.
>>
>>17715274
See with your friends if you can go out more often.
Since the beginning of the year I'm in, I almost didn't play videogames thanks to that feeling you have when you are with someone that doesn't care about what you do, as long as it's together. That feeling is like a drug, except it's social and (kinda) healthy.
I also had depression ; not to a really serious level, though, just some crying/suicidal thoughts/feeling of emptiness here and there. But now that I'm in a major that I like (didn't really choose the previous one), I have almost none of these (just some mid-paranoia and such).
>>
Fucking talk to her about it. Maybe don't go into so much detail like you did here, but let her know you don't want to ruin things.
>>
>>17715304
I don't have many friends but I will try.

>>17715307
I don't know how.
>>
>>17715274
Dude, shut the fuck up. Yes, it will be your fault because you're literally telling yourself that you're going to fuck it up. You're honestly focused more on fucking up, which is not a passive effort, than you are with just going through with the relationship. I don't know why you think this way; maybe it's trauma, maybe you're just paranoid. Either way, you need to stop psyching yourself out (which is exactly what you're doing) and just go with what makes relationships a great experience.

The more you concern yourself with this the more she'll notice something is up. You need to man up.
>>
>>17715409
Telling myself it will be alright seems like a lie though. I don't know how to be in a relationship and what her expectations are of me. There's so many ways this can go wrong. But yeah I get what you're saying. The more I think about it the worse it gets. I'll try to ignore my thoughts.
>>
>>17715229

I don't know what to tell you man, if you're happy with her and she's visibly happy with you there is no reason to sabotage what you have. I can understand wanting what's best for you partner so if she appears miserable around you then maybe talk to her about it and see if she wants to part ways. But if she loves you and loves spending time with you you're actually hurting her a lot by pushing her away.

Just let go and enjoy what you have, she's obviously with you for a lot of good reasons, trust her judgement about whats good for her, she sounds grounded with a good support system and work ethic, I think she would know if you're not good for her.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.