[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I applied to join the army but failed the medical on the grounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_26779504335280.jpg (7KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_26779504335280.jpg
7KB, 255x255px
I applied to join the army but failed the medical on the grounds that I take anti depressants, I was told that I will need to wait at least 4 years after stopping them before I am allowed to reapply. This was despite the fact that I have had no suicidal tendencies for at least 3 years. I feel really ashamed of myself since it was genuinely something I was really wanting to do to improve myself, learn useful skills, gain confidence, have people respect me. Since I have aspergers syndrome my life I felt that this would balance out alot of the shit I was predetermined with. I feel really emasculated and weak like I am less than other people. I also feel pretty pathetic when I see in other countries guys (and even worse girls) my age are conscripted and learn military skills and feel really envious, since that is what I dream of doing and they are just given it to them. I have a degree in international politics and I wanted to join a military intel corp to put my skills to use, but now I will have to settle for some really feminine job like a journalist or bureaucrat.

I don't really know what to do if I should keep trying I just feel like a complete piece of shit
>>
Former Airman here. Don't let medical shit get you down. The fact is that, in your state, you wouldn't be effective. The military taking you in assumes a lot of liability taking you in (this coming from a guy who, third year into his contract, was discharged on grounds of an ODPMC).

If the military is something you feel you have to do, you have to overcome your personal issues or they'll not only follow you into the military, but they'll bloat under the stress of your environment, especially with the MOS you want and especially during Basic, where they're trying to cull you guys out. It would be even worse if you had an ELS because you weren't cut out, and then you'd be dealing with depression and the humiliation of failing to accomplish your dreams without another chance of reenlisting.

Trust me, this is for the best. Your heart is in the right place.
>>
Have you considered not feeling that way?
>>
>>17715160
But I actually don't feel like it would hold me back it is something I really want. I only have depression because of having aspergers. I am trying to quit antidepressants and reapply in a few years. Its just such bullshit I thought it was meant to help people by putting them in those conditions
>>
File: Will gif.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
Will gif.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>>17715169
Yes I have, but I as you can guess I failed
in b4
>you are only doing it for attention
>You need to just stop being that way
>>
>>17715174
No, putting people in these conditions can make things worse, especially for people who enlist without disclosing depression or things like childhood trauma.
>>
>>17715142
WTF is wrong with your so-called "feminine jobs" ?
I don't see the harm in doing a job that doesn't involve your innate skills. I would even think it is more respectable. Also bureaucrat or journalist is pretty fair in terms of proportion.
I would classify as a "feminine job" things like maieutic (midwife), nursery, childcare or such. Not journalists or bureaucrats.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.