[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much time spent together is considered enough in a long-term

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: lonely.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lonely.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
How much time spent together is considered enough in a long-term relationship?

I find it increasingly depressing in my mid-twenties that my girlfriend and I are growing apart due to work and academia and in life, in general. We try to see each other at least once or twice a week since we live not, but a city away.

For those who are in a relationship, how often do you see your significant other? Is it enough? Could there be more time spent together? If not, why not? Does separation make you guys stronger?

To me it just bring unhappiness being away. I find that I grow apart from her the longer we stay away from each other. Maybe I'm just being clingy. But when I feel for her and I love her and I want to see her, I would literally drop would I was doing if only I get a chance to see her. But she won't ever do that for me. That feeling of unrequited love and passion.
>>
6 years
See each other every day
Live together
It's enough
Have never been separate the entire time as she moved in within a month of getting together

You're not clingy, once you find somebody you love you never want to be apart.
>>
>>17714885
I sleep at the same place as my boyfriend about 5 times a week (either he comes to my house or I go to his) and I guess I see him for the same amount of days. I think how often I see him is actually a negative and think we would have a stronger relationship if we saw each other less - the whole absence makes the heart grow fonder thing - only I can't really bring myself to see him less because I miss him when he's not around.

Maybe you can have nightly phone calls with your girlfriend or something where you can debrief about your days or video chat, have you talked to her about how you're feeling?
>>
File: I6NY5K1.jpg (278KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
I6NY5K1.jpg
278KB, 2048x1366px
>>17714889
That's what I feel. I miss her when I'm away but she may think I'm clingy. Maybe she doesn't feel what I do.

>>17714970
We chat on apps often and as much as we both can. But I suppose it's just about getting older and adulting takes root.

She's the kind who's really youthful in her mind even if she's in her twenties. She doesn't really "get it" that when a guy falls for you he means it; I would literally walk out of class or my job if I could just spend one good day with her. That's how much I love.

But she doesn't see the impact of that. So she tends to shy away from once or twice a week. Having intimate moments and sex becomes difficult if you only get to see each other that much. There were times when we would see each other once every two weeks. We would be white hot then ice cold.
>>
>>17714885
Op, stop being a faggot. You chat online everyday. Twice weekly visits is more than enough,
>>
File: 1473725693910.jpg (60KB, 736x861px) Image search: [Google]
1473725693910.jpg
60KB, 736x861px
>>17715064
But that's the thing!

Like if you really like or love someone don't you want to spend as much time with them as possible? Like what separates her and another girl from chatting me every night? That's not that hard these days.

It feels like we should be hanging out more but she doesn't seem to like that. It also seems like two people in love would have sex more often and crave each other but it's not like that with her.

It's to the point like I am already thinking of leaving because it feels like my feelings are just ignored or something.
>>
>>17715083
OP you seem quite passionate, and while thats not a bad thing it does sometimes translate into being clingy. While your girlfriend may well match your feelings, don't be offended if she values her own time more than you might.
However you're giving the vibe that it feels one-sided, which is a different story. If you're always the one doing the work to maintain the relationship i would suggest that you confront it.
>>
File: 1473820848215.jpg (80KB, 532x796px) Image search: [Google]
1473820848215.jpg
80KB, 532x796px
>>17715119
Yeah that's probably right.

She gives off that vibe that her time is better spent elsewhere. That's what I mean. Maybe I don't value my time as much as she does. But to someone who is passionate maybe your own life time doesn't matter as long as you're with someone you love.

But it seems her time can't be touched. It almost feels like I have to set up appointments with her just to see her. When I would gladly trash my list to see her. I don't know if this is the kind of person I want in my life.
>>
>>17715152
Well you have a pretty romantic idea of what you'd like your relationship to be, but maybe i'm just jaded.
It's one thing to make nice gestures, but dropping your life is pretty huge, and thats asking for one hell of a gesture in return. She might not feel comfortable with that; i don't think i would be.
Again though, if she doesn't reciprocate more simple gestures, like visiting your city occasionally if you visit her more often for example, tend to be bad signs.

Out of curiosity, is your current girlfriend your first serious one?
>>
File: 1475386418810.jpg (93KB, 995x823px) Image search: [Google]
1475386418810.jpg
93KB, 995x823px
>>17715188
It's my second serious LTR.

Maybe I miss my ex too much because it feels like my current GF can't match her pace in terms of excitement, sex, time spent together and it's making me feel reminiscent. But at the same time, this is who I chose and one of the reasons I chose her.

Maybe you're right. I may ask too much of her especially at such a young age. Her mind is more of a teenager yet having to make life choices at an adult setting. We're only but two years apart and yet I feel like I'm 65 and she, 16. She may not be comfortable giving back the same amount I would for her.

Sure, she does the smaller things. But maybe I'm asking thinks I should to a wife, not a girlfriend and you may be right about that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.