[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>me and wife doing mundane stuff > (redacted: tl;dw) >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

>me and wife doing mundane stuff
> (redacted: tl;dw)
> escalates
> she makes accusations that makes me fucking fume inside
> i say nothing, finish what i'm doing, get a quick drink, and go for a walk before I say something we'll both regret.

SO, knowing her, she'll either ignore it, or she'll be total cunt-mode when i get home in a while. Any suggestions on what to do/say when i get home?

>sorry
Nope, i've done enough of that. this time it's her turn, but i truly doubt she even realizes how hurtful she can be when she escalates something trivial into something nuclear

>breakup
Just no

>beta, etc
Fuck off, this is a thread for grownups.

Basic facts:
>been together for 8 years. The good times are great
>She has some anger issues, but they mainly just manifest themselves by her having a short fuse
>me leaving the house is highly abnormal. Never done it before, but this time i had to before i made it worse.

I would like for four things to happen:
1. Her realizing how hurtful she can be to those around her.
2. HEr being the one to apologise for a change.
3. Actually admit to being in the wrong or saying something that was uncalled for
4. DE-escalate the situation. It was lovely mere 3-4 hours ago.

I'd settle for just one of the above.

Please, /adv/, share your wisdom.

Ps: permavirgins from r9k need not apply.
>>
Has she had sexual release in a while? You should go give it to her. And show leadership. You know what's best for her. If she's reluctant, you might have to be a little more insistent than usual.
>>
Well as any adult would know, you need to talk to her. Tell her that you don't believe she was in the right, if she tries to get angry about you leaving you simply tell her you absolutely had to cool off before you escalated the situation
But yeah OP, maybe when you get home telling her about her anger issues isn't the right approach, but you do need to talk to her about it.

I watched a video of this couple once, and they talked about picking your fights, it may annoy the hell out of you that she doesn't put the lid on the tooth paste but it isn't worth having a blow out about.

Love is compromise, you have to realize when you're being petty. And every relationship will have pettiness and rough times. Talk it out when things cool over, when you get home be calm and if she does go into cunt mode leave.
>>
>>17714347
Dude. Just dude. You've already inb4'd any possible solution. You want her to change, but you don't want to provide her with any impetus to do so. You've come here hoping 4chan can provide you with a magic bullet. There's no such thing. Either you're willing to eventually end the relationship over the way she treats you, or you're going to continue to suck it up and nothing will ever change.
>>
>>17714370
Also, I'm assuming you've already done the obvious thing like talking to her about this.
>>
>>17714366
Yes, we have a very active sex life

>>17714374
Now and then

We do have reasonable talks regarding our issues now and then, but somehow these talks don't seem to affect situations such as these. I'm actually starting to think she can't help being this condescending, as if she blurts it out without even thinking.
>>
>>17714370
For the record, i'm mainly after what to do/say, if anything, when i get home.

I'm thinking me being away right now could be a strong enough message in itself, seeing as it's way past when we'd normally go to sleep here, and the fact that thee's nowhere to go really (she knows i didn't just seek refuge at a bar or a mistress, simply because there aren't any around)
>>
File: 1376683073288.gif (715KB, 250x196px)
1376683073288.gif
715KB, 250x196px
>>17714347

>hey, I need advice
>also, I'm not going to give you any details and you cant't give me any advice I don't want to hear

ok then
>>
Depends what the fight was about.
>>
>>17714347

0 information, other than she got mad at something, and accused you of something.

Can't really give much advice.
>>
>>17714419
>>17714418
Nothing that warrants a fight to begin with:
>everything is fine
>i suggest we do some housework together, wstch an ep of dome tv show we both follow
>"go to bed if you want to"
>yeah, what about the rest of the suggestion?
>"i feel like i have to hold your hand for you to do housework!!!"
>UNspoken punchline: i do more housework than her
>unspoken punchline: while i'm at work she's either sleeping, reading, generally procrastinating, and not getting much done.
>>
>>17714442

>in a relationship with a procrastinator with no job and anger issues

I think we all know what to do here.
>>
>>17714347
There's not enough information to give advice.

What are you hiding?
>>
>>17714347
>I would like for four things to happen:
>1. Her realizing how hurtful she can be to those around her.
Does she show remorse? Ever? If not, fat chance.

>2. HEr being the one to apologise for a change.
This may take a while, so if you are the one apologizing, don't. And be ready for the wait. If she doesn't and then carries on as if all is well, it's another issue altogether.

>3. Actually admit to being in the wrong or saying something that was uncalled for
This one is harder. No matter how much you pout, beg, or reason, you will never get some people to admit they were wrong. Also, see above.

>4. DE-escalate the situation. It was lovely mere 3-4 hours ago.
You can de escalate or she can. Will she? Or is it always up to you.

Sounds like there is grounds for some phycological counseling. Going ape shit on occasion is part of life, it happens, we admit it was wrong, clean up the mess, and do what we can to avoid it.

Is she justifying these rants "BECAUSE OP IS FAG REEEEEEEEEE!!!"? Then you both need to go to the shrink.

Last question. Answer this, and I'll respond accordingly.

Do either of you or did your parents drink alcohol regularly or use drugs, even socially?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.