[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get myself in a better mood? I don't like feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477421057168.png (99KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477421057168.png
99KB, 295x300px
How do I get myself in a better mood? I don't like feeling sad and I've been on a really confident good mood streak.
>>
>>17714257

you can try addressing wahts sad.

my mom texted me a suicide note once. called her, begged her not to do it, cried, had our heart felt moment.

hung up and it was over. went and whistled a happy tune in the shower. the problem was over, and there isnt much reason to be sad after.

somteimes it takes figuring out what hte issue is. for about a month i was mad at my dad and couldnt stop ranting, but in ranting i starte dto udnerstand why and what the issue is. i just dont love him and feel uncomfortable not knowing that.

now its over and i feel great.

so why are you sad?
>>
>>17714288
I just feel like my dad doesn't care about me/wants me to be happy.

he spends all his money/time with his wife, he's never taken me anywhere. he just chucked me with my depressed grandparents who don't do anything. He just drives my confidence and hopes down.
>>
>>17714310

happiness is realizing that your father doesn't matter - even if oyu want him to.

at least thats how it worked for me. my dad needed to 'take a break' from having kids and a wife so he left us for a year. claimed it was because of wokr, never told us the truth, assumes we don't know.
>>
>>17714310
That's very hard man. People are biologically wired to have an extremely deep emotional connection with their parents. I don't have a great relationship with my dad either. He didn't pay much attention to me as a kid and got really fucking pissed when I became an atheist, saying I rejected everything important to him. He tries to make up for it now by being supportive and displaying emotion but I only feel hurt and misunderstood when I think about him. I need to have a serious talk with him but something is keeping me from it. You need to demand a conversation about what's hurting you. I both of us can muster the strength to do so.
>>
>>17714351
I'm not that great about talking about my emotions to my parents. This is usually how I vent. It just feels weird. not that he would listen, anyway.
>>
>>17714393
Yeah that is understandable. I believe that every emotion has a unconscious purpose. If you identify the reason of your sadness as a result of your relationship with your dad then it just makes sense that the purpose of that sadness is to drive you towards improving that relationship.

If you really think that talking wouldn't help, all you can do is cope the same way you would grief.
>>
for me, i suffered from depression for awhile and medications would kind of help but i was dealing with trauma rather than chronic depression.

what helped most for me was scheduling my life. wake up at 7:30 every day. eat breakfast first thing, eat lunch at exactly 12, eat supper at exactly 5. in bed by 10 to read or play ds, lights out by 11. i used to be up until 2am or later every night unable to sleep, but over time ive managed to not have a night like that in over a year.

it's tough to get scheduled at first, and depression makes it all the much more difficult. but if you're feeling a good mood streak, take advantage of it!

good luck
>>
>>17714425
I just emailed my dad. He said he would "change everything next year".

Doubt.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.