[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel too guilty to enjoy making bread. Just an example of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 57796.jpg (64KB, 656x369px) Image search: [Google]
57796.jpg
64KB, 656x369px
I feel too guilty to enjoy making bread. Just an example of my weird inability to let myself enjoy anything.

Basically, I really like making bread from scratch. It's relaxing and rewarding. However, I feel like a fucking idiot because making it costs more than buying it, and it also takes up time. Even though I enjoy it, I feel bad that I'm not spending the money on something smarter and the time on something more responsible.

What the fuck is this?
>>
I do the same with video games its called adiction its not bad thing,
>>
>>17712467
>>
>>17712467
Hobbies don't need to conform to the normal standards for doing things. They cost you both time and money, and aren't necessarily economical, but you do them because you enjoy them.
>>
>>17712467
How the fuck does it cost you more than buying it? Are we talking about similar quality breads here or are you making fancy ass bread and comparing it to the cheapest nastiest shit in the supermarket?
>>
File: 1470123325970-x.jpg (205KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470123325970-x.jpg
205KB, 800x800px
I wouldn't feel bad about it, it tastes better than store bought and who the fuck doesn't love the smell of bread made from scratch? Enjoy yourself, mother fucker.
>>
Well you're getting more out of the experience than just bread right? You're getting the enjoyment and happiness that comes with it. You're not just making bread you're MAKING FUCKING BREAD!

There's nothing wrong with spending a little bit on stuff that makes you happy! Enjoy yourself, don't be so critical and make some fucking bread.
>>
When I make bread it costs me a little less than storebought bread but it lasts way longer and it's dense as fuck, meaning I get more of it. Plus it tastes 10 million times better, you can't weigh this against money.
>>
>>17712467
Making bread may cost more, but when you buy ingredients you're not just paying for a loaf of bread, you're paying for a loaf of bread and hours of enjoyment.
>>
It would only cost more if you're only using a small portion of the ingredients. If you're somehow absorbing the entire cost of a sack of flour/sugar into a single loaf, then yeah your math won't add up.
>>
>>17712467
>making it costs more than buying it

How is that even possible.
>>
I feel awful about my financial decisions and hobbies constantly. Trust me, you making bread is a lot better of a choice than what other people are spending their money on.
>>
>>17713167

>factory making millions of loaves of bread every day with CEO's cutting corners where they can
>anon making 1-2 loaves for himself

tahe a guess at what is most cost effective per loaf
>>
>>17713216
Yea but they also need to profit, and the middle-man (supermarket) needs to profit also.

Like I could prolly make a loaf of bread for:
30c flour
1-4c each yeast, sugar, salt
10c of gas
whereas the cheapest nastiest shit bread here is like $2 a loaf.
>>
>>17713231
>30c flour
>1-4c each yeast, sugar, salt
>10c of gas
>whereas the cheapest nastiest shit bread here is like $2 a loaf.
Obviously their production price on the $2 loaf is going to be lower than mine, but production price != sale price.
>>
BRO. Life is about doing what you enjoy, otherwise why would you even live? If you enjoy making bread, do it.

Seriously, why the hell do people live if they don't like living? That's complete waste of time and space. The greatest feeling is when you DROP everything you "should do and should be" and instead do what actually makes you happy. If your or others' life doesn't depend on something then you don't need to do it unless you like it.
>>
Hey this is a stupid question but, how do you make bread? Op post your tips
>>
>>17714917
yeast
flour
water
knead that shit
rise for hour
punch down
rise again
put in oven for 30 min
done
>>
>>17713252
>production price != sale price.

Only if you own a bread factory.

Do you own a bread factory? No? Then for you production price<store price.
>>
>>17713231
somehow your price for flour yeast, sugar salt, etc doesn't include the profit from the middleman though? You sound like you live somewhere cheaper than I, but I doubt those are realistic prices.
>>
>>17712467
You have a knead to make bread.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.