[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>23 year old male who is about to turn 24 in a couple of months.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 12

File: 1234567890.png (210KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
1234567890.png
210KB, 424x318px
>23 year old male who is about to turn 24 in a couple of months.
>Dad died when I was 14.
>I still live with my mom & my younger brother.
>My mom is disabled from working a hard job (upholstery) for +25 plus years and my little brother is in high school.
>No college but I work full-time.
>I own my own truck, a car & have about $3000 in my savings account.
>Me & my mom split rent & monthly upkeep evenly for me, her and my little brother.
Is it weird that I still live with my mom. My dad's side of the family keeps telling me I need to get my shit together & move out my mom doesn't get enough in disability to cover her rent & her and my little brother would have to go into government assisted housing. How old is too old to be living with your parents?
>>
>>17709546
In your situation, it is perfectly fine. Really.
I admire you for what you're doing. Taking care of your family, to me, is what makes you a man.
>>
>>17709546
Came here to shitpost and tell you to jerk off to cartoons, but reading your full post, you're doing the right thing staying where you are for the benefit of your mother desu. This guy is right >>17709552

If you really hate your situation, talk to your mom about wanting to move out and see if she's okay moving into government assisted housing. If it's no real problem for them, you may as well let the government subsidize her housing so you can save some cash. Financial robustness is seriously badass. Who knows, maybe an emergency will happen and the money will help you or her out more in the long run.
>>
>>17709546
Not at all, remember that family comes first (unless they treat you like shit).

What do you do for a living?
>>
If you're comfortable living with your mother, and not hating the situation, I don't see a problem with it. Once your little brother is old enough and actually moves out, it probably will be a good idea to help her settle into assisted housing.

For now you're in a good place(hopefully), but you definitely can't stay there forever if you get into a serious relationship. I doubt your future gf/wife will want to take a package deal of you and your mother.
>>
>>17709552
Thanks, bro.

>>17709557
When my dad died & my mom first went on disability we were living in government assisted apartments and I'll never do it again. They were shit ghetto apartments that were overpriced ($1200 a month for a two bedroom). They were falling apart (rough leaking, fucked up floors, air condition/heat barely worked, etc). Neighbors were shit & every other apartment was a drug den. When I first started working they would garnish my paycheck for the over priced apartment (rent was based on how much you made) and we would have monthly inspections were the city would come in like the Gestapo and make sure your apartment was clean. Our apartment was always clean but we ended up getting evicted because we had a shelf my dad built hung on the wall with nails. It was never a problem in the 13 years we lived in the apartment but a manager was a bitch and filed a 2 day eviction on us. We tried to fight it in court but she dropped my mom's government assistance and made the rent go to the full $1200 dollars and we were unable to come up with the money on such short notice. When we went to court the our case got thrown out because she wrongfully evicted us for not being able to pay the rent not for having nails in that wall. We lucked out and found a good apartment a couple blocks away and avoided being homeless. It's an old apartment but very well maintained. $1000 dollars a month, three bedroom, more space & a really nice working class neighbors. I won't let my mom or brother go into that shit hole government assisted bullshit again.
>>
>>17709580
Currently I work at an independent grocery store. Only $11 an hour but I get full benefits & a decent discount on groceries. They are training me to operate a forklift. Around next summer I plan on transitioning into a manufacturing job. The factories around my apartment start at about $15 an hour for forklift operators.

>>17709598
The current plan is once my brother graduates he either goes to college and continue paying the rent & bills or he starts working and I move out and he take over my share of the bills in a smaller apartment for him and my mom.
>>
>>17709660
*I continue paying rent & bills
>>
Sounds like you're doing the right thing to me. 23 isn't that old to still live with mom and if you're helping out then tell your dad's side of the family that.
>>
The main issue I'm having is coming from my dad's side of the family. My aunt, uncle & other relatives keep giving me shit and comparing me to my 20 year old cousin:
>He's going to college.
I never had a chance to go to college because of time. Time spent going to school is time not being used to work to make money to pay rent. My uncle is also paying his way to go and I would have to go into major debt just to get student loans.
>He lives on his own.
In a dorm payed by my uncle.
>He's got a decent paying part-time job.
He works part-time at a bank (20 hours a week) and makes a dollar more then me. The only thing he has to pay is a car loan and the rest goes to partying.
>He's got a brand new 2016 car.
My uncle put a $2000 down payment. They give me shit because I drive an old 90s model pick-up (which I fucking love and payed for completely with my own hard earned money).
Me and my cousin get along very well and I'm proud of him because he does work hard but I'm having to many issues with his mom and dad. Last holiday season my mom and aunt (dad's sister) got into because she told me I was a piece of shit loser who would never amount to anything. Me, my mom and brother ended up leaving. Her and my uncle then began to bad mouth me to the rest of my dad's side of the family lying, telling them a bunch of shit like that I was doing drugs. My mom hasn't wanted to do anything with her since the incident. She called and invited us over for this holiday season but my mom turned her down because she doesn't want anything to do with her. They're trying to make it like we're the ones starting shit. Even if I forgave her and did want to go I couldn't because of work. I'm really considering writing all of them off except my cousin.
>>
>>17709546
>>17709703
Respect OP . You are doing the right thing . As long as you are comfortable and you have plans for later ( which you clearly have ) , it's all fine .
Just tell that side of the family to fuck off , you are you , you have your own life , you make your own decisions .
Tell 'em If they want another of that cousin , clone him something .You are not your cousin . Also , even if it were a mistake to do what you are doing and even if you were a drug addict nolife 'loser' , that's still not their business.
>>
>>17709546
You're a hero
>>
>>17709546

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
pic related is OP irl
>>
File: drive shitpost engage.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
drive shitpost engage.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
>>17709546
Never change!
>>
File: now that's a REAL human being.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
now that's a REAL human being.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>17709546
>>17709546
>>17709546

;.; you make me proud
>>
File: We love (You).jpg (6KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
We love (You).jpg
6KB, 355x142px
>>17709546
restores my faith in humanity desu
>>
File: kiss.jpg (336KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
kiss.jpg
336KB, 1600x1062px
>>17709546

>be me
>OP
>live at home
>not NEET though
>support my disabled mom
>get the girl anyway
>become real human bean
>>
File: drimopo.jpg (11KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
drimopo.jpg
11KB, 236x314px
>>17709546
You will always hav place in my HEART
>>
File: ophero.jpg (805KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ophero.jpg
805KB, 1024x768px
>>17709546
U save ur mom lol
>>
Fucking KEK
>>
>>17709546
you are to good 2 bee true
>>
File: Drive-Starring-Ryan-Gosling.jpg (38KB, 567x309px) Image search: [Google]
Drive-Starring-Ryan-Gosling.jpg
38KB, 567x309px
>>17711153
forgot pic related.
>>
File: drive_chase_hd.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
drive_chase_hd.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
Never give up OP. Life will get better for you and moms.
>>
File: drove.jpg (34KB, 280x392px) Image search: [Google]
drove.jpg
34KB, 280x392px
>>17709546
You have something to be proud of every morning, you could literally make a movie about your life and I would watch it because you are truly a real hero.
>>
File: best OP in the world.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
best OP in the world.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>17709546
OP is 10/10 guy. Would give him a nightcall anytime ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.