[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got married a few weeks ago, and I'm already getting to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I got married a few weeks ago, and I'm already getting to the end of my tether with my wife. We've been together for almost 3 years now, and decided to get married a few months ago.
We currently live together and we are moving into a house very soon. There's a 5 year age gap (I'm 25, she's 20).
Anyway, I cannot stand her attitude. She constantly nags, complains and tries to argue with me over the smallest of things. I've told her multiple times to basically stfu and stop talking to me how she is, but the message doesn't seem to be getting through to her. About a year and a half ago, I threatened to break up with her if she didn't change the way she spoke to me and she seemed to genuinely take it on board. Now, all that has been thrown out of the window. I can't be bothered being around her any more, because I'm sick of her constantly nagging.
>Drive her to work every morning (she doesn't drive) meaning I lose out on sleep
>Lend her money because she is shit at managing money
>End up paying more on bills
I get paid more than her so I don't mind putting a bit more in, but it's getting fucking ridiculous. We both got credit cards recently and she's maxed it out every month, then paid it all off the next, meaning she has to max it out again.
As for driving her around constantly, I get barely any thanks at all. She doesn't seem to understand that fuel=money.
Again, I don't mind paying more on bills as I get paid more, but I'd like to at least come home to a clean house and have dinner ready, as she works way less hours than I do. Whenever I come home, she tends to just be asleep and when I ask what's for dinner, I just get back 'I was sleeping, I don't know'. This is with her finishing at 2pm and me not getting home until 6pm.

1/2
>>
I'm genuinely at the end of my tether and I can't handle it. When things were good, they were great. We have loads in common, constantly speak about the future and laugh constantly. Now, I can't be bothered coming home because I'm sick of her constant nagging, complaining and general laziness. I don't know how to explain this to her, because I get the feeling it's just going to go in one ear then out the other. She seems to love trying to talk down to me, start an argument then play victim. I've never completely lost my temper at her but I'm starting to get very close.
She loses her temper all the time if I try to say that I'm doing stuff without her, for example I'm going away with work next week and me and the guys decided we are going to go to a theme park while we are away, and she started shouting etc being like 'why did you even tell me, I never get to go places like that' etc. I won a jacket in a shop the other week, and she started trying to argue with me in front of all the staff being like 'you don't even need a jacket, I do, you should give it to me' and it was honestly one of the most embarrassing things. I went back to the shop later to try and get it in the womens version to avoid argument, and they wouldn't change it. Again, further embarrassment.
How can I speak to someone who doesn't want to listen? My original plan was to basically say 'I can't deal with this for the rest of my life, and I'm going to leave you if you don't change your attitude to me' but I know that she's just going to try and blame me. I need help speaking to her, for the sake of our very short marriage. I can't go on like this. What advice can you give me?
2/2
>>
tl;dr
>Got married recently
>Wife nags, complains, starts arguments constantly
>Doesn't listen when I tell her to change her attitude
>Don't want to be around her
>Can't deal with that bullshit for the rest of my life
>How do I get her to realise how she is making me feel so we don't end up getting divorced soon
>>
just dealing with an immature brat. your fault as much as her. 20 is not a time to get married... 25 when you have your shit together is better.
>>
>>17709225
Talk with her. Not AT her as you suggest. See a marriage counselor.

Your biggest problem as a couple is that you have never defined the relationship and therefore have different expectations from it.

And you are not innocent in this. The very fact that you are "keeping score" on how much you do for her or how much of the bills you pay, and even how much fuel you expend driving her to work says that you have a warped sense of marriage, just as she (in different ways) has.

The two of you have to get on the same page to get along, and that's what counselors do well.
>>
>>17709353
OP your wife is getting to comfortable in the relationship. Everytime you threaten to leave and don't you weaken that threat. Add marriage to it and it ineffective.
The reason why you argue and she doesn't listen is because you are arguing in a way where she thinks she has an option. She's the type of wife that needs someone to grab her reigns. Stop getting in a arguement and tell her the way things are going to be and follow through. Shred her card and tell her not to get a new one because you arent paying for her fuck ups anymore. As for the driving you have to fix that yourself. Get her driving situation fixed or make her quit her job.
When she does stupid stuff like that in the mall, you have to match her audacity without getting emotional. I would've told my wife to shut up right in front of everyone. And then left her there and ignored her if she was still acting up. Especially if I was her ride.
>>
What you describe is marriage. I have been married 19 years and it is exactly as you describe. Constant bitching and nagging. It won't change, only gets worse. The not driving part is over the top. She needs to learn to drive. That is actually a psychological disorder meant to tie you to her.
>>
>>17709927
Yes a lot of marriages end up that way but its troubling that his marriage is this way after 3 months. That way to soon. Maybe a year or 2 at the least.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.