[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF wants to commit suicide and I don't want to be with her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: suicide-hanging-knot.jpg (9KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-hanging-knot.jpg
9KB, 700x394px
But I know things would never work. I don't want to be with her anymore, but I don't want her to kill herself, but I don't want her to be forced to suffer, because I know she has absolutely no friends and nobody to care for her. Her family is too poor to get her therapy sessions, and her parents are neglectful of her. I'm truly stuck here, and I really need help.
>>
>>17708710
>GF wants to commit suicide
has she actually said this? If so call 911 next time she does.
>>
>>17708710
You can't stay with someone out of pity. If you really care just say you don't want to be her boyfriend but you can be her friend offering morale support.
>>
>>17708718
What he said.
>>
OP here, I guess part of my OP didn't get posted for some reason.

My GF of 3 years has been struggling with depression/bipolar/anxiety for years. About a year ago, things started dying between us and I didn't feel like things would ever work again. After I decided to break things off with her, she overdosed and got sent to the mental ward. After she got out, she was prescribed medication which didn't help, and possibly made it worse. I don't want to be with her, but I also don't want her to kill herself. She says "Why would you leave me when I'm hurt? Why can't you just stay and make things work?" but I know things will never work.

Her parents are neglectful and she has no friends, so I know she'll have no support when I leave her. And if she kills herself, I'm afraid she'll make it look like it was my fault.

And also, >>17708717 she's threatened with suicide multiple times and has asked to borrow my gun so she could shoot herself, has told me many detailed ways she would kill herself if I left her, and said she would try to find out the code to her dad's gun safe.
>>
>>17708718
I agree with this but you could also do a lot of harm to the girl by being her friend after breaking up with her. If she is already suicidal and if she is in love with you. I'd tread carefully but you can't stay with her out of pity. Maybe you could build her up good and make sure she gets help then break it to her? Or maybe help her find another guy. Your situation is kind of fucked. Make sure her parents and people know she is suicidal so they can stop her if she tries.
>>
Is she British? She can be my gf
>>
>>17708797
Her parents know she is suicidal but don't seem to be taking it as seriously as they should be
>>
Man, that's a pretty desperate situation but you absolutely cannot stay in a relationship out of pity. Why do you want to stop the relationship in the first place?
>>
>>17708815
Gonna have to BEAT this 24 yr old virgin right here
>>
>>17708710
YOU F... IDIOT!!! Of course she feels so down cuz you were her source of happiness. You toyed with her and now leaving..
SHE'S BROKE DOWN MENTALY!! CUZ OF YOU
>>
>>17708827
Many reasons, mostly because we fight so much that it's gotten to the point that I've stopped caring about this relationship. I have a focusing/fidgeting problem (maybe ADD or something, I dunno) and she starts a fight with me every time I stare at something else while we're talking, even if I'm listening. It's just a habit that I can't help but she takes offense to it. Little things like that have been adding up. I also feel that she's controlling and manipulative, even though she doesn't try to be
>>
>>17708747
I really don't like crazy people. Anon...you seem like nice guy...don't think its because of you if some crazy shit happens. Let her down gently though.
>>
>>17708839
>>>17708710 (OP)
>YOU F... IDIOT!!! Of course she feels so down cuz you were her source of happiness. You toyed with her and now leaving..
>SHE'S BROKE DOWN MENTALY!! CUZ OF YOU
Maybe so, but it's not like she wasn't already broken before I got in a relationship with her. And she's been suicidal while I was still with her before I brought up breaking up with her. Depression doesn't come from a breakup, she was already mentally unstable
>>
wait wait wait ... overdosed ?? Drugs ??( cocaine and so on ?)
>>
>>17708846
did you ever ask her why she feels so depressed?
did you ask her what worries her ?
>>
>>17708847
Overdosed on some kind of antidepressant and had a stroke
>>
>>17708851
Of course. She says she feels like she gives so much to everybody but nobody will love her back. Unfortunately, that may be true, just because people are assholes. She doesn't fit in. But I think her problems are in her head
>>
Well, she is in big depression. The way i see her is that she sits in a dark and you are the only light to her. But that light isn't strong enough to cover all that darkness.

So if you want to get her out of it:

If you still love her ( don't count the depression)
count he good parts than have happen ...
AND if you really want this relationship work out to marriage...

Tell her that you will be the only person who will always support and love her whatever happens.. tell her to grab your hand to get out of that darkness. that you will never leave her alone...
>Don't promise anything , do it !!
if she says " do you promise it ? "
say back " Promises are easy to brake, I will do it only for you "her name". I love you so much that i can't stand seeing you depressed anymore. I want to give you my all to get you out of this"
>>
>>17708913
Oh man, that sounds really great. Thank you.
>>
>>17708924
you welcome!!

Bring up marriage if you can :3
>>
>>17708924
>>17708940
God please be fucking sarcastic. This is literally the absolute worst possible thing you could do in this situation.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.