[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm a professional dude, been with a girl 5 months. best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: shy-girl.jpg (135KB, 900x1614px) Image search: [Google]
shy-girl.jpg
135KB, 900x1614px
i'm a professional dude, been with a girl 5 months. best sex of my life, age appropriate, she loves me, ticks all the boxes for family and most values that i want.

i know she loves me. i love her too, but i'm apprehensive about introducing her to my family because something seems off.

she's kind of shy and introverted, but there's an emotional distance or coldness i can't put my finger on, which is hard for me because i'm a fiery romantic. she doesn't make eye contact with anyone, and not much with me. she left all reams of couple pics with her ex before i told her it was a faux pas. when walking with me or groups, she ignores everyone and walks ahead in a group, oblivious to what's going on with others. her friendships seem very thin and has boundaries i find odd. some are exes, and men from work, who she hangs out with on occasion. i trust her but all of this feels off to me, and frankly it turns me off and makes it hard to commit further.

what's the diagnosis, /adv/? i'm so happy she loves me, but am afraid of getting closer if this has an expiration date. we are different emotionally, but maybe we can learn to speak the same language? maybe she is just different, maybe even on the spectrum or something, and it's something I can learn to understand?
>>
>>17708488
>she doesn't make eye contact with anyone

Can't speak on the rest but my ex was like this. It annoyed me because I was raised to believe that eye contact was a sign of respect and not showing it meant you weren't listening.

Realised later that it was coming from one of several places; anxiety, depression, a genuine fear of directly engaging peoples gaze or (most likely) a symptom of a depersonalisation disorder– something she ticked all of the boxes for.

My advice is to not overthink this and to not make it a big deal. It's minor, and drawing attention to it is only going to sully the other great stuff you've got going on together. Is it really that much of an issue that you have to turn it into something bigger than it needs to be?
>>
sounds like aspergers
>>
>>17708488
> she left all reams of couple pics with her ex before i told her it was a faux pas.

What does
This mean??

I would say she is anxious and a bit in her head she probably has no idea she is being rude and feels awkward in social situations
>>
>>17708546
>she left bunches of couple pics with her ex before i told her it was tactless and not conformative to social standards regarding couples.
>>
>>17708516
you're right, it's not necessarily a dealbreaker and i'd like to just keep the relationship and put it on a slower path. problem is i feel like i've made promises to her about time together, family time, and holiday time, that i feel like i'm not ready for given this disconnect. i think that would be pretty destructive to the relationship if i did that, so it's a catch 22.

>>17708538
right? can i work with that?

>>17708546
yeah edit fail here sorry.

she left dozens of loving couple pics of her and her ex all over facebook. we didn't become fb friends until a couple months ago
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.