[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would getting a bachelor's in computer engineering get me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: rich-chigga-interview-0.jpg (401KB, 2406x1606px) Image search: [Google]
rich-chigga-interview-0.jpg
401KB, 2406x1606px
Would getting a bachelor's in computer engineering get me a job?

I can't decide on what I really want to study since I was planning on just being a police officer. Recently though my family convinced me that getting at least a bachelor's is something worthwhile and will definitely help me with a job situation if the cop gig doesn't workout.

I've been thinking of computer engineering since i like computers somewhat. I don't know shit about them but I want to try.

Or should I check out some other degree? What would you guys recommend?

Also, since calculus is required in almost all forms of engineering, what are some good websites I should check out that can teach me calculus from the beginning? I suck dick at math hard but I really want to learn.

I'm tired of going back to my entire family in the holidays and feel like shit because I'm not doing anything with my life.

>20
>Unemployed
>Living with parents
>Really helpful at home though
>>
>>17708435
No.
>>
I work with engineers in a pretty rural area. I'd say your employment prospects wouldn't be terrible.
>>
>>17708460
What kind of engineering would improve my chances of a job?
>>
>>17708435
it all depends on the contacts you make really.
Even if you are really good at it, even above the average that isn't enough these days and being social having contacts that let you know of job opportunities and such is way more important that knowledge and skill when it comes to getting a job when you don't have experience.
>>
don't believe the media hype
you can't just wing it in engineers/computer science and get a job.
why would employers pick you over some autist who's been trying to do this shit since he was 12.
Start looking up the curriculum and research basic job requirements on indeed for the field you want. and practice the basics on your own to see if you like it or not

I'd probably advise you just become a network admin
>>
>>17708461
I work with industrial engineers. Admittedly, US manufacturing has been on a decline. I'd like to offer more advice but its wildly outside my own discipline (medical).
>>
I will be graduating with a major in mechanical and minor in computer engineering in December. I wish I majored in computer engineering since the job outlook is much better and the material is more interesting. You will also learn lots of programming skills and can head into that direction if you want after graduating. You can learn the math as long as you're motivated. If you go to every class you can do it
>>
>>17708486
That's sucks, in the end I still want to be a police officer, but I just want to have a form of plan B if I fail.

Would electrical engineering be better?
>>
>>17708492
Thank you man, do you have any hints on where I could study calculus from the start?
>>
>>17708435
>Anonymous 10/26/16(Wed)20:10:50 No.17708
Patrickjmt on YouTube has good tutorials on calculus concepts that track very closely to the book Calculus: Early Transcendentals by Stewart. His youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/patrickJMT

You may also want to use Wolfram Alpha to check your work on calculus problems. Just type the problem into the command line, press enter, and it spits out the answer. You can pay extra to get worked out solution guides.

wolframalpha.com

Good luck.
>>
>>17708507
Calculus: Early Transcendentals is probably the most commonly used calculus textbook, especially for engineering.
>>
I did Computer Engineering and am making 58k now at 24. It's definitely a good degree, though it can be tough.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.