[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in Canada >decide I want to turn my life around if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1466370152139.jpg (123KB, 678x447px) Image search: [Google]
1466370152139.jpg
123KB, 678x447px
>live in Canada
>decide I want to turn my life around if even by just a little bit
>dropped out of high school in the early grades
>been a hermit since then
>decide to go and try to get my GED
>start looking up information about it for my area
>can't really find anything, think nothing of it and just go and start researching the study material for the test and start teaching myself basic math from the ground up
>spend a few hours over the course of a few days learning it all
>figure I'll go and find a testing place and see what they have to offer
>spend an entire afternoon only getting obscure results and weird education """"programs"""" that I can't tell what they are actually for and if they help with what I want (which is to just get a fucking diploma and stop worrying about it)
>finally come across some backwater site that says the Ministry of fucking ""Education"" discontinued the GED program
>only other stuff I can find online is more obscure classes that either cost a lot of money or won't tell me how long they take
>all of them using the same stupid fucking buzzwords like "work at your own pace" and "YOU CAN DO IT ONLINE DUDE now give us $200"
>never tell you how long it will take or what the fuck you need to do
>too scared to talk to people over the phone

Thanks Ministry of Education, guess I'm staying a high school dropout forever.
>>
I don't know shit about the education system in Canada, but I can't imagine it's vastly different from the the US's

It looks like the GED ship has sailed, for you. TO be honest, that's pretty shitty, and I'm not sure why they would do that. On the other hand, make sure you get through a decent amount of maths on your own (try to get past trig and geometry, ffs).

If you have something like a community/junior college, technical school, start by taking classes in those. After you've completed a 2-year degree or certificate program, your high school nonsense won't really matter much anymore.

SO yeah, look into junior colleges and accredited certificate programs
>>
>>17708311
You still need a high school diploma/equivilent to get into community college courses.

The only difference now I guess is that instead of studying for a few days and knocking out all the tests in a month or two I'm going to have to end up in some weird alternative program and probably take 10 month long full fucking length programs or some bullshit.

Probably all because of some politics and government fucks juking numbers for grants. Fucking niggers.
>>
>>17708349
have you tried petitioning or asking the academic advisers there? I'd find it weird that they'd just drop a pretty important social net.
>>
>>17708418
I'm going to have to contact someone at some point and ask around about it.

The problem is that whoever you ask is always just going to shill whatever program they are currently a part of regardless of whether or not it's actually what you're looking for and the quickest route to getting a high school equivalency.
>>
>>17708429
I guess what I'm going for is to forget about the high school equivalency, and go to the local CC and whatever. I mean, Canada is more socialized than the US, and in the US some immigrant from Mexico can just hop into some CC classes and get somewhere in life.

Again, I know diddly squat, but I imagine that theses Junior/Community colleges are government run, not private institutions. Of course, they'll still pitch their thing to you, but it's more legitimate than some for-profit tech "school" or program. Especially if its accredited.

http://assiniboine.net/admissions/applying-to-acc

Quick google search yields something like this. I don't see high school as a requisite.
>>
>>17708440
As in, they don't need your diploma. They'll look for whatever grades you've completed in the transcript, but they're probably not going to just deny you. And speak with an advisor there, they'll be more accommodating and willing to get you into a program of sorts.
>>
>>17708440
>>17708447
I suppose that's worth looking into. I just figured you couldn't do any relevant college courses or get a job without a high school equivalency and typically people are always saying "U MUST GIT DIPLOMA B4 ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW"

I would rather skip the inane bullshit that is high school ""education"". Though I don't think it's possible.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.