[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i was eating breakfast, which has these very hot peppers,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1460503833100.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1460503833100.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
so i was eating breakfast, which has these very hot peppers, and i felt a sneeze coming on and inhaled a piece of pepper to the back of my throat.

in my clambering to grab some water from my fridge, i somehow hurt my lower back. it hurts like fuck when i try to bend my back so i'm currently sitting up straight, but even the slightest bend is painful

i have work in an hour, what the hell do i do?? also i'm 24 if that's relevant
>>
>>17705894
bump please will this go away in an hour?? or am i supposed to take a sick day for this shit??
>>
>>17705904
Painkillers
>>
Your lower back has tightened up to protect your spine.
In my case I herniated a disc and allowed the fluid to leak.

Do spinal decompression exercises daily
Google "DR Stuart McGills lower back stabilisation protocol"
Do it daily

Do it daily for about 3 months and you should be okay

Do it word for word

I fucked my back up deadlifting though, same thing, seized the fuck up and I couldn't bend over at ALL

Move around, walk, and right now do the stabilisation program if you can.
>>
>>17705904
Muscle relaxants, HOT shower directly over your lower back and I'd call in sick personally but it won't kill you to go in.
>>
>>17705917
i have advil does that count

>>17705920
thanks; do you think it's serious?? any quick fixes for now at all? i would really prefer to go in for work...

>>17705922
it's an hour to commute to work for me and this pain is still about as painful as it started...
i guess if it's not going away in an hour, i'll sit out of work today.
>>
>>17705936
Quick fix would be hot shower and doing the stabilisation guide
See a doctor for physio. I have a herniated disc and went through the same thing.

Takes like 1-3 months of daily rehab to get better

First time it occurred for me I was 11 miles from home. The journey back was hell. Don't go to work today, walk around, keep active and the pain will be lesser by tomorrow.

You need to do daily rehab though.
>>
>>17705940
well shit... thanks, i guess i'll have to sit out from work today...
>>
>>17705945
Good luck man. I'll keep this thread on thread watcher for a few hours in case you need any help
>>
Mkay... don't now if I'm late by an hour,day,month, or year. But I do know that ice cold showers relax your muscles, not hot ones. Just because a hot shower feels good, it doesn't mean its good for you. Ice cold showers have mich more health benefits than hot ones.
>>
>>17705940
damn you're lucky. I had my l5-s1 herniated and there was no reabsorbtion after six fucking months. I had to get a surgery
>>
>>17706216
I'm still in pain and it happened in January

I just live with it at this point. Im in a lot less pain.
>>
>>17705920
ME TOO literally the same thing happened to me.
Herniated disc while deadlifting 3 months ago, re-injured it 2 weeks ago and got a bad CSF leak and just today am able to come off bed rest.
>>
>>17706219
nine months? you know the prognosis deteriorates the longer you wait to have it repaired. you need the surgery if it's been that long, and waiting longer means it'll be much harder for them to fix. ideally if it's not better in 3 months you should have it repaired surgically
>>
>>17706229
Glad I'm not the only one. Felt really bad when it happened, like I've permanently damaged myself, now I'm deadlifting again pain free and soon going back to old numbers
>>
>>17706219
Post surgery, I still feel pain and can't flex all the way, still can't sit for more than an hour without pain. But I am in so little pain comparatively it is like magic. Plus I get lifetime medical marijuana for "irreparable spinal pain"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.