[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got into a stupid argument with my friends over the concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Just got into a stupid argument with my friends over the concept of change, tell me who's right here.

So it started out as me jokingly saying gay things (I used to be a raging homophobe, this becomes relevant later). One of my friends in particular always gets a little pissed every time I act gay. He asked me why I act like this so I said "people change". He said they don't, people just get wiser. Which made no sense to me, because getting wiser is maturity which is basically change. I never pointed this out to him though.

The conversation switched to racism. I told them how I changed as in toning down on the racism. Now i'm not racist, I've even told them I joke multiple times and they just go on with it. They even make racist jokes too as well. I used to make really fucked up "kill all blacks" type jokes but I told them I toned down on it, which I did. One of my friends said "Just because you don't express that shit to people doesn't mean you changed in your head", which kinda struck me. How does someone know you more than yourself? How can someone tell you what your personality is except you? Like I said I used to be a big homophobe, and i've changed to the point where i'm coming out of the closet myself. Even they knew this which is why one of them asked me why I act or say gay things.

(cont)
>>
It gets even better. They acted like i'm the only one that has ever said anything racist, even if it was jokingly. Hell, we call each other "nigger" as a joke. I used to call random people on the internet "niggers", regardless of what race they are. It's basically shock value. Most of the jokes I say nowadays are fucking /pol/ memes for fucks sake.

My 10 year old brother is even black. Now I know this is a cliche thing to say, but how could I be the racist they make me out to be even though I have a black brother that I care for? I acknowledged to them that I toned down on the racism but they say otherwise based off of nothing.

After I pointed this out to them, they just stopped talking. One of them said something sparky like "denial + white privilege = it can only get you to so many places". I haven't denied a thing and the white privilege comment seemed out of place.
>>
>>17705755
>>17705754
Purely based on what you're telling us, they seem in the wrong. Sounds like they've been taken in by a tumblr mindset desu. Are they all black?
>>
>>17705771
No, one of them in Mexican whom I frequently talk to more and we make racist jokes a lot. The other one is white, but over time he turned very liberal. Though he used to make racist jokes with us as well.
>>
>>17705771
>Are they all black?
This they sound like dumb niggers.
>>
>>17705754
>>17705755
You ruined your reputation with them. They look down on you now.

Truth is, they aren't that good of friends if they can't accept that people do change their views. My best buddy was a skin head in his teens (hammerskins, not punk rock skin head) and the shit he said and did would make you seem like an angel in comparison. Younger him would probably make /pol/ uncomfortable with how hard core he was but he changed. He's a completely different person now and we don't hold that shit against him.

If you've really made an effort to change and your friends still give you shit it's likely they are just passive aggressive he bitches judging you to be assholes.

Always remember though, reputation is a very important thing. Even if you believe the racist things you say, think long and hard before saying that shit out loud.
>>
>>17705779
Honestly i've had arguments with them that are worse than this. We end up getting along again after a week or so. It just really bugged me how they acted like they never made racist jokes the same way I do, when they did and one of them still do. Just because I did it more extreme at some times doesn't negate the fact that they were jokes.
>>
>>17705771
>>17705779
By the way these friends I only know and met through the internet. We've known each other for about 4+ years, never seen each other in person. I even tell them people that know me IRL will say i'm much different than I am on the internet, but they seem to act like they know my personality more.
>>
>>17705792
Oh they are Internet friends, shit tell them they are being pussies and you got better shit to do bro.

Seriously though, don't let these idiots treat you like shit especially if what they are saying doesn't apply to you anymore. They sound like assholes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.