[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to be alone in a group/with another person, or to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Cover.jpg (192KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
192KB, 600x600px
Is it better to be alone in a group/with another person, or to feel alone in solitude?

My specific situation is that I got together with some friends from work for a drink a couple of times and despite us all getting along, I didn't feel any better. I'm comfortable alone, so since it wasn't doing anything for me I no longer spend time with them anf isolates myself.

Then I suddenly ran into a childhood friend and I've been hanging out with her alot. I'm 99% sure we're into one another but she's not in a place for that rn, so I've just left alone. Kind of having the same issue as before tho, except I'm into her so my intrigue is keeping me somewhat content.

Now, I'm not technically alone and I have someone to talk to, but I don't feel any better. I don't think I'm depressed, cause I'm OK by myself. Possible that I'm just expecting more comfort from other people than what I'm receiving.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding my emotions. Idk I'm confused, and this post is probably incoherent as a consequence of that. Sorry
>>
I feel more alone with others around than by myself...then I met my ex and felt close to someone else for the first time in a very long time. But that ended so now I feel miserable with and without people around. Be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>17705706
Ups and downs man. Have to pay a price for everything
>>
>>17705706
Honestly I don't think we'll ever be together, but I'm not really concerned with that for this thread. I'm more concerned of what it's indicative of. I've always felt better alone, yet I'm incredibly lonely. It makes no sense
>>
>>17705756
It could be that you it frustrates you to not make a connection with the people you're with as deeply as you want. And you're lonely because like everyone else you need social contact.
>>
>>17705780
Yet I'm making that social contact to no avail in curing my loneliness. Thus your conclusion that the contact is shallow.

So then there's a whole other issue for when I am making deep, truthful connections with those I love and I still feel like shit. Because that sadness no longer comes from a place of loneliness. At this point I can begin to consider whether I'm depressed. I only mention this because I've noticed having long genuine talks with the mentioned girl doesn't always make me feel good.

It just seems like everyone is depressed and it's such a blanket diagnosis
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.