[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two days from now I'm going to have a serious discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1476200731380.jpg (80KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
1476200731380.jpg
80KB, 625x833px
Two days from now I'm going to have a serious discussion with my boss about leaving my job. Imake $75k/year. I've been living pretty exorbitantly unfortunately, and will probably have only about $4,000-6,000 in savings to work with until I hit my next step. My rent is $400/mo, so I can last for a bit.

I'm not completely poor, but two questions: how do I make the best use of food costs (while being kinda lazy)?

Second, are there any jobs I can take on to make a little bit of spare cash that aren't full time jobs, but won't have someone balk at my overwhelming experience? I want to search for my next career step but not be totally complacent.
>>
>making $75k and only having $4-6k in savings
You really fucked up, Anon.

>how do I make the best use of food costs (while being kinda lazy)?
Buy food in bulk, and eat the same thing repeatedly. Ice soup and ice sandwiches are pretty good too

>are there any jobs I can take on to make a little bit of spare cash that aren't full time jobs, but won't have someone balk at my overwhelming experience?
Why not just take on your job as part time, instead of just quitting?
>>
>>17705237

>You really fucked up, Anon.
I paid off my student loans & car - so I'm in the black at least. But I'm up against a shitty change in my job without my consent, which happens any moment.

>Buy food in bulk
I'm not much of a cook, but I get that buying bulk food is sensible. Where do I look for affordable, but easy to prepare food? I don't eat a ton, but I do drink a lot...

>Why not just take on your job as part time, instead of just quitting?
I don't think that's feasible. They're not going to let me just take a part time gig since everyone is salaried, and they're assigning me the most important role (no, no raise, and a raise would not change my mind).
>>
>>17705225
I know you're getting poor, but why ice soup?
>>
>>17705269
Chicken beef and pork in bulk is helpful and can freeze well. Frozen veggies are great too. There are plenty of simple 2 or 3 recipe dishes in crockpots/stove top you can make with these (pulled pork, tacos, shepards pie, chili, cubed grilled chicken etc Google is your friend). I just made like 10 quesedillas today with a pot of bbq pulled pork that will last like a weeks worth of lunches.
>>
>>17705469
Ice soup was supposed to be a joke.
>>
>>17705269
Rice, pasta, potatoes.
Onions and broccoli.
Apples, bananas, watermelon.
Beans, lentils, and eggs.

Everything else is a luxury, especially meat and cheese. You can make so many good meals from combinations of the above.
>>
>>17705225
>Imake $75k/year.
You lucky bastard! What is your job?

I've been living pretty exorbitantly unfortunately, and will probably have only about $4,000-6,000 in savings to work with until I hit my next step.
Why are you leaving then? Forced resignation? Had an epiphany? Moral conflict? Something else?

My rent is $400/mo, so I can last for a bit.
>OK, now I'm enraged. Where the hell are you living that you have rent that frickin' cheap?
>>
>>17706373
I live in Western Kentucky. A one bedroom apartment outside of the city would probably run you $400. God bless the Midwest
>>
>>17706373

Digital Marketing.

I'm leaving because they are trying to change my title to cover ALL of marketing (something I don't want to do) and giving me our toughest, most important market - a market that previously to this change had 6 people assigned to it... And will now have just me. The stress is not worth it to me. I'm already spread too thin mentally and emotionally (my uncle shot himself in the face a few months back and it's been fucking with me), and I just have to get out.

As for the $400 a month, I bought my house at the absolute bottom of the housing market 5 years ago and have 2 roommates to help pay the mortgage and such.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.