[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go from a reclusive borderline agoraphobic NEET shut-in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1472536612616.jpg (37KB, 960x959px) Image search: [Google]
1472536612616.jpg
37KB, 960x959px
How do you go from a reclusive borderline agoraphobic NEET shut-in who dropped out of high school in the 9th grade to a successful man? (I'm 19 now)

I'm arguably insane but I try to avoid discussing the pseudo-science that is psychology. Though I can't completely ignore that I'm clearly fucked in the head.

But what steps do I take? People usually say you need to get your GED/high school equivalent, but is that really true? How do employers know whether you're a dropout or not? Beside that mess is there really a point to working shit-tier jobs at walmart? I desire a career and growth but most jobs just seem like they are designed to stagnate your income and keep you in line as a wageslave.

Post secondary education sounds like a massive scam to me for the most part, but I suppose that depends on what exactly you plan on doing. I'm up for anything if it's doable and realistic, even if it's a lot of work. I know there are trade schools and shit for welding or whatever the fuck.

I believe my mother has some money put away for school so that's not much of a problem. I just have no clue what the fuck to do. I've been disconnected from society for 6 years and haven't worked a day in my life.
>>
I was a drug addict through my teens, now I'm in a 2 year program for dental hygienist.. worked a lot of fast food jobs, McDonald's, pizza hut etc.. helped with my work ethic and dealing with coworkers, managers etc.

If you're hardworking and intelligent enough for any kind of school geared towards immediate job placement upon graduation, go for that, otherwise trade school, maybe even CDL.. go on /o/ and check out the truckerfag thread
>>
>People usually say you need to get your GED/high school equivalent, but is that really true?
yes
>How do employers know whether you're a dropout or not?
they ask, and they can check with where you say you completed to make sure
>Beside that mess is there really a point to working shit-tier jobs at walmart?
money, "experience", networking
> I desire a career and growth but most jobs just seem like they are designed to stagnate your income and keep you in line as a wageslave.
you currently have no money, you will probably need money
>Post secondary education sounds like a massive scam to me for the most part, but I suppose that depends on what exactly you plan on doing.
it mostly is, but you won't be able to get a post secondary education job without post secondary education
there is the ability to learn things on your own by going to the library, but you have no way to prove it
plus schools force you to work in groups, which is something you have to do when you have a career, work with groups, so this is another reason why school educated people are much more desirable
>I just have no clue what the fuck to do.
nobody does, and that's why you start studying for your GED, which will be a requirement to get into post secondary education anyway
while you're studying, maybe something will capture your interest

maybe you'll realize you're awesome at geometry, and want to do something like designing houses or 3d models for engineering or VIDYA GAEMS
maybe you'll see finances and taxation as interesting things (hey it floats some people's boats) that you think you could organize well
the sciences are covered in ged material, maybe you'll like some flavor of that

just work on your ged
buy a study prep book, spend the 2-3 months of a couple hours a day study on it and get the thing
it's simple knowledge that will change the way you think about some things
>>
>>17703769
2-3 months seems like quite awhile to spend studying for a GED. Is it really that difficult?

I've been trying to look up where do to it in my area and where to get study material tailored to the test online but it's difficult to find.
>>
>>17704120
It is not difficult at all, but considering you haven't been in school for such a long time, you may want to brush up your math skills.

I dropped out during my junior year due to issues relating to my mental health at 16, but I had taken calculus and a 4.0 student to begin with.

Went to community college for two years, transferred to a state uni as a junior and graduated cum laude. I'm currently at an Ivy League for grad school.
>>
>>17704120
Also, you can take practice tests on their website, but you have to pay. They also have GED books at Barnes and Noble.
>>
>>17704144
Yeah I've been looking online about it and 90% of the shit I find is just some faggot trying to sell me a book.

I'm sure the only real part of it is learning the basics of math all over again. I spend half of my day researching obscure stupid shit just to win arguments on 4chan so I figure science, literature, and social studies is as simple as btfoing fellow pseudo-intellectuals on 4chan.

I'm not in America so the system is probably a bit different. I'll have to call up my old school or some shit and see if anyone knows about it.
>>
>>17703769
Yes yes I definitely concur with much of this. In a similar place just a few years on. In primary school before you could choose the curriculum you wanted to follow many of the subjects bored me, I tackled even the subjects that I knew I'd drop in high school with full attention- even if the amount of credit they added to the end of term report was very little wanted to develop good work ethics from the start. I was determined to be a top student in high school and did well that brought good feels of accomplishment. Bonus was that the forms I chose to follow felt natural didn't have to make an effort studying as was I enjoyed it. Kept that momentum all the way through uni and began part time bar tender work for extra bucks and to myself busy. On completion of uni had excelled and was head hunted straight into a job with one of the big three companies that everyone was hoping to get in with. It was a very demanding position but also had a very upwardly mobile career track. Before I took the job I wracked with anxiety as I wasn't sure I was up to the challenge. but then I think the worrying about doing excellently rather than good enough helps to keep pushing. I was wrong within a few years had received the signals of approval for stepping up again from upper management was absolutely smashing it:D About six months ago due to a very messy attempted hostile takeover by a rival firm the company went bust the assets were shared out amongst the pack of hyenas that had been nipping at the companies haunches bringing it down. the fixed material assets were absorbed there existing operations but none of the intrinsic value was (the people) retained as they had any possible niche filled with their own hr resources already. I managed to put away a fair amount t the end so financial crisis is some way away still. Seeing my pride and joy sunk before me was bad, the gradual accumulation of time slipping away representing progress lost 4eva becomes worse. peace out
>>
ran out of characters, good thing the market is quite dynamic and so have no doubt it will pick up nicely soon. If it doesn't soon it might be a good opportunity to tap into some of the old interests left untapped. I quite liked the period just now now in my life were the challenge was to get as good as possible fast and step up quickly...
>>
>>17704900
>>17704935
what the fuck are you rambling on about

learn to format your writing retard
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.