[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here quit alcohol? I drink so much that its addiction. Several

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Who here quit alcohol?
I drink so much that its addiction. Several drinks everyday.
Never stopped so I have no idea what to expect. I have no idea why I even rely on it so much.
>>
>>17703225
Sorry OP, I'm too distracted by wanting to be in your picture, drinking a beer.

I'm doing what I can to stay away from liquor but I sure do love beer. Just talking about it makes me want to grab one. After a while, it's the only reliable way to make yourself feel something that isn't sad/ angry.
>>
>>17703244
I tried that method months ago, but ended up buying beers with like 8+% alcohol and visiting liquor stores more often and paying more money. I get cheap whiskey.

I'll give a try at quitting no matter what I hear here, but so far I simply havnt stopped for a single day for a few years.
I feel like I am on to a solution. I have tried to work to replace my drinking, but maybe I need a more relaxing and less responsible activity that enables me to stop drinking. I'm considering biking at the moment cause I could force myself away from home but its gonna get colder.
>>
>>17703225

ive never quit entirely but its pretty easy for me. even when im not avoiding it i can go a month or more without realizing i havent had any booze.

i took accutane so had to quit for three months. i also had brain damage for a while so didnt drink then either.
>>
>>17703225
switch to cannabis, my son
>>
>>17703378
I do both and though I see less harm in pot, I want to quit both.

I'm planning to quit while I still have alcohol. So if I start bugging out I can drink if I feel I have to.
I might see AA meetings, but would rather go once I stopped and felt ok to sustain sobriety.
>>
I work at a liquor store, and every now and then I'll have a regular who is saying this is his last drink, and yadda yadda yadda..

And, then the very next day, they're in there like our conversation didn't even happen.

Sometimes they're drunk when they have the conversation, but this most recent one, I'm pretty sure he wasn't.

He's been off booze before, but ultimately came back after a few months with a bit more control.

This time, he's back to his usual pint a day.
>>
>>17703396
I dont defend myself when i go to liquor stores. Ive never gone drunk to a store, but the clerks make me feel bad. Especially cause I drink early, but I happen to work a night shift and dont feel like explaining to everyone I meet my reasons for drinking so early in the day. I get lonely cause my day is so different from others and I often have a lot of responsibility. I have a stable job and do odd jobs and started full time college but basically when I dont do that I drink. I'm holding off on any odd jobs at the moment for school even though I can be working full time between 2 jobs.
Its just stressful, I cant seem to find the willpower and any other stress relieve to want to quit.
>>
>>17703427
I don't try to judge, as a clerk. People come in, get their stuff, and at most I crack a joke with a regular, but most don't even know my name 'cause I'm so reserved, and I've been working the same shift and schedule for 3 years.
>>
>>17703435
Wish I was friendly with the stores I go to, but they dont seem to want my money.
I dont go to bars cause its too expensive.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.