[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I determine one's personality based on their clothing style,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I determine one's personality based on their clothing style, music taste, their facebook posts and their way of speaking. By that, my head determines who is intelligent, who isn't, who is a good person and who isn't. I know people say you shouldn't judge them by that, but every time i do my expectations come true.

Am i snobbish? And if i am, how do i stop it?
>>
No, those are realistic expectations, just that its more rare to find those type of people than a generic party girl so expect it to take time.
>>
>>17703158
I judge people by how they come across as well. You sound like an insufferable ass so I don't care enough to respond to your issues, not worth it.
>>
>>17703158
Yes, you're also pretty stupid. But whatever works for you
>>
>>17703158
>Am i snobbish? And if i am, how do i stop it?
I wouldn't say snobbishness is your main problem--you haven't mentioned whether you only approve of people if their Facebook posts inform you about their love of the same NASCAR driver you support, for example, which while probably exclusionary, isn't exactly highbrow. I'd call you a snob if you were only interested in people with particularly fancy pursuits or interests. Perhaps you only like trashy people who meet your exacting standards.

Anyway, no, you're not a snob, just shallow. Stop it by getting offline and growing up.
>>
>>17703158
i do that too, thats how i determined that you are a fucking idiot
>>
nope, you're good

developing good judgment and shaping reliable intuition both require the capacity to be discriminating
>>
No that's quite literally how your brain is wired. You depict a person based on the information you've been given of them. If you know that fans of a certain band is typically very arrogant based on earlier interactions with fans of said band, you'll automatically expect other fans of the band to be the same way.

But that's only if you've been given a very select few bits of information. Meeting a person in real life, reading their body language, smalltalking etc. will give you a MUCH better picture, obviously.

A profile on facebook is not much, so you'll make assumptions based on little things like how they write their updates, how they look in photographs or their hobbies...
>>
>>17703158
>I know people say you shouldn't judge them by that, but every time i do my expectations come true.
That's because you already made up your mind before you really know them.
Also confirmation bias.
>>
>>17703158
Of all of these, only "Way of speaking" is useful criterion. Clothing is superficial. Music taste is all up to choice and most people like more music than you're ever going to be aware of. Facebook, as well as virtually all social media, is silly as fuck in nature.

You sound like an autist.
>>
>>17703183
I tend to love the same people that i don't really like based on those things in real life. For example, there was an emo looking kid that is younger than me, but i started liking him based on his cool regular-day personality. I did determine that he can be bitching about insanely small things, but i tend to inform him about that and make him a person of better quality.
>if you didn't realize, OP speaking
>>
>>17703189
>implying that all of those i mentioned are forms of self-criticism
>>
the problem with using these
> one's personality based on their clothing style, music taste, their facebook posts and their way of speaking
doesnt indicate
>who is intelligent, who isn't, who is a good person and who isn't.

i wouldnt worry about it though. you arent fucking shit to begin with
>>
so many poor lost little souls itt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.