[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do parents lie to their kids about being attractive? my family,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0129.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
why do parents lie to their kids about being attractive? my family, my whole life growing up, told me i was very good looking. i'm a 5 at best. luckily, realizing this wasn't so hard because i've developed a good personality, but why can't parents from the start just explain "yeah, you're ugly/average, so learn to be funny/smart/dance/make a lot of money, etc."?
>>
because they aren't objective. Most of the time they actually think their offspring is smart, and beautiful and pleasant and all that. Even if they look like deformed monsters, are dumb as rocks and annoying as fuck.
>>
because that's shitty and you'd whine about that too?
and maybe you were cuter as a kid. Reason a lot of people get average is they don't workout or anything. Get fit or some shit.
>>
>>17702752
They were attempting to build up the child's self esteem and confidence because they're good parents. You don't fill your kid with apathy and cynicism from the start, that just slowly settles in as they get older and are more equipped to handle it.
>>
>>17702752
They do its just that they never say directly.

Ex

>4 years ago
>senior hs year
>sitting in my room playing my vidya
>father walks in
> run heart_to_heart.exe
>long story short he says ugly people are usually smarter etc
> ends the conversation with "Good thing your a really smart kid"
>leaves
>confidence remains crushed to this day.

On the brightside I guess it's better to find out early.
>>
>>17702756
This.

Plus telling the truth to the people we care about is harder than telling it random strangers, who'll gladly tell you how ugly you are, specially over the interwebz.

Oh and looks are very subjective.
>>
>>17702752
man it's way worse otherwise

>tell mom i probably won't have any kids
>she says it'll happen eventually
>i tell her she should set me up with a girl from her church
>she tells me she could never condemn a woman to being with me

now I have zero self confidence or self esteem at all when it comes to my attractiveness. i for sure will never have kids or have sex again
>>
>>17702804
Maybe you're not that ugly but got a shit personality?
>>
>>17702809
doesn't really matter either way
>>
You guys know they were joking right?

I mean I get it. It's dumb, but I had a hard time in grade school and when I brought home my first D, my dad looked at me and said "I thought you were gonna be president". It made me feel stupid for a long time.

But I'm not stupid, and my dad doesn't think so either. Kids can't comprehend parent jokes, because they're someone's kinda cruel
>>
I was always told i was special and handsome etc as a kid and i truely believed it for a while until i grew up to find that nobody ever finds me attractive, got bullied to shit all through school, quit college due to bullying, not special or talented in any way, not very intelligent, stuck in a dead end shelf stacking job because i literallt cant do anything else..
It hit me very hard when i realised that everybody else seems to be the handsome/beautiful/special/talented ones and not me.

I built up a lot of dreams in my childhood/early teens when i honestly believed i was one of those people, and now they just sit in the back of my mind, taunting me while they slowly rot away into nothing along with any confidence or self belief i ever had also along with my will to live cus whats the point in spending my life watching other people over and over do those things i always dreamt of, but know ill never be able to accomplish because of my face/body/lack of talent.

I wish id just been told from day one "youre ugly, nobody will ever want you and you will never accomplish anything" because at least then i would have been saved the soul crushing disappointment
>>
>>17702819
>I wish id just been told from day one "youre ugly, nobody will ever want you and you will never accomplish anything" because at least then i would have been saved the soul crushing disappointment

this, forever and always.
>>
>>17702752
Because parents can't judge if you're attractive or not. What are they going to say?
>Yea son, those 6 pack abs are rockin', I bet you have a giant cock.
>>
>>17702858
Oh get over yourselves. Everyone has unfulfilled dreams from when they were kids. It's just normally it's about being a spaceman or some shit, if your dream was some narcissistic wish to be the most popular person in the world then you've only got yourself to blame for being so fucking unimaginative not to mention blind to live this long without realising it's society that decides and not your parents.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.