[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/. I need friends but I don't know how to meet new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: neko.jpg (186KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
neko.jpg
186KB, 960x720px
Hi /adv/. I need friends but I don't know how to meet new people. I'm a 19 year old girl. Currently I don't go to school or have a job. I pretty much have no friends or acquaintances I could talk to and I'm feeling miserable because of this. I'm really bad with people. I'm autistic, depressed, tired and my social anxiety is ruining my life. Even grocery shopping is hard for me. I'm really interested in japanese fashion, video games and general nerd stuff. I just wanna have some weeb friends, but conventions are not for me. I'm really shy and not a 'go ask random people if they want to hang out with me' kind of person. Do I have any hope or should I just continue my hermit life without embarrassing myself in public?
>>
You have the answer you seek, but refuse to experiment to see if your solution will work.

Go outside.
>>
>>17702761
At surface level it does look that simple, but I'm really afraid of embarrassing myself. I've done that too many times in the past and it just makes me even more anxious. Also I have no idea where to go outside. Should I just sit down in the park and wait for a stranger to walk by? Where I live it's considered odd to just start talking with random people. Thanks for the reply though.
>>
First and foremost you have to ask yourself some questions and answer them.

What kind of relationships you want with people? Acquaintances, close or really close friends?
-What do you really want from those people, specifically? Do you want chats, to hear your problems, to exchange stories, or what exactly?

Furthermore, are you aware that:
-real, true friends you usually meet once every 5-10 years?
-you lose friends and people almost every year, so your circle is almost never the same for long?
-if you want to befriend males, you might find it hard to find ones that actually want a friend and not someone to sexualize?
-no matter how many friends you have you will always have moments when you feel alone
-people will almost always disappoint you
>>
>>17702776
Fear of emotion is the fear of growth. To grow is to do what the heart desires, your wants. Unfortunately being embarrassed isn't fun, but if you laugh at your situation, it makes it easier.

Outside meaning where the nerdy people hang out since that's what you're into.
>>
This is what conventions are for, aren't they? It may be a once a year type of thing but it's a massive accumulation of people just like this because we don't really have a public place in the world for ourselves anymore.

When arcades were a thing, there was -some- pandering to geek culture but now it's pretty much "listen to me scream on camera at a vidya" or "have you seen -generic anime- on Netflix?"

Hate when people think terms like geek, nerd, or weeb are just secondary terms unlike "jock" or "thug".
>>
I'm guessing that by "conventions aren't for me" you mean "I'm scared to death of going to conventions". Which is the main problem here.

Now, you should know that there is "hope" for you, being shy and anxious around people is not a life-long disease. Getting over it might not assume the same things for all of us, but no matter who you are and what your issues might be you have to socialize with people in order to stop being afraid of them. Of course, you also need to work on your insecurities and actually understand other people (you should always be able to see things from other peoples perspective) and there are books, documentaries, courses and whatnot that will help you with these things, but most important is personal experience.

So yeah, start talking with people. You can find people with similar interests as yourself over internet, but don't limit yourself to the internet. I wouldn't recommend the park idea though, approaching people out of the blue will creep many of them out (especially if you don't know how to approach them) and in your situation you shouldn't deal with that. But, you should put yourself in social situations. College, work (going to college, even a shitty one or getting a job would be the best things to do), clubs (I mean like a book discussion club, not necessarily the kind where you get drunk and dance), team sports... anything that puts you in the same place with other people. And then you start by making small talk with them. Talk about the weather, some movie, that song and so on. That's how friendships start.

Thing is, you can meet friends pretty much anywhere. From the park, to school and to shitty imageboards, as long as you interact with someone in one way or another you create a connection. And especially since you live in an age where you can communicate with pretty much anyone in the modern world maintaining and improving those connections is easier than ever. You just have to see them when they appear and "grab" them.
>>
>>17702844
>Being embarrassed isn't fun
Yeah, no fucking shit. The HUGE difference is how those public embarrassments can land guys in jail, whereas if some chick went around making sexual comments at guys, it's seen as some joke or "indie movement".

Fuck a world where guys can get in trouble for doing what they're expected to do. I'd love to hear a news story about the women who had to kill other women for centuries to survive, being treated as "aggressive brutes" or something. Even the largest guys like Dwayne Johnson or Terry Cruz have to be these goofy, silly little bitches because "being a man" in America is wrong now. All they want is "stronk femayls" and faggots, so let em have it. Now we know what's in line for presidency after black man and white woman; GAY MAN!
>>
There's probably a 99% chance we don't live in the same country but if you want to make a friend at least online you can contact me, I've had friends in your situation and I can sort of understand how you feel, I'm a guy so I'll probably won't be able to talk with you about fashion but I do like anime/manga, nerd stuff etc.

My skype is friendlyanon1
>>
Where do you live? I'll legit hang out with you if it's close.

In any case, you gotta go outside. Socializing kinda costs money so you either gotta get a job or be like seemingly half of all people that go to college just to socialize.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6UcvNX4o8
>>
File: ebina.gif (350KB, 540x640px) Image search: [Google]
ebina.gif
350KB, 540x640px
>>17702805
I definitely don't want to talk about my problems. I want relationships that don't resolve around my issues. I just want to get better, continue my therapy and do fun and goofy stuff with weebs. Too close relationships aren't for me I guess, but having even a few friends is my dream.
>>17702859
You're right, I'm scared to death. I think I'll give it a try some day. I'm starting school again after Christmas and I'm really happy about moving on a bit. Thanks anon!
>>17702919
I think I'll message you, thank you.
>>17702925
I'm super paranoid about telling people where I live. Sorry mate.
>>
I'm a girl too and I've had anxiety problems so I know where you're coming from. I do have a couple of friends though, met them in high school, buy they're both boys. Never had an actual girl friend in my life and I've always thought of it as impossible, it might be similar to what you feel towards having any friend. I'm also scared of going to conventions, I've been to some but I never speak with anyone and I end up feeling like an idiot for not trying hard enough.
If u want to chat I'll drop some username or something.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.