[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with the fact that my "type" is usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: based_abe.png (1MB, 892x1115px) Image search: [Google]
based_abe.png
1MB, 892x1115px
How do I deal with the fact that my "type" is usually also the kind of girl who's legitimately disinterested in dating anyone in the first place?
>>
Be low-maintenance.
>>
>>17701499
Dunno how far that will get me when most cases aren't even interested in starting things.

My problem is that I always go for extremely introverted academically inclined girls.
>>
>>17701505
Same answer. If you want to be with an introvert, you can't be the emotionally needy type, you gotta be able to give her space to do her own thing. It works best if you have your own interests and passions outside of girls/relationship.
>>
>>17701489
don't be so shallow as to have a type?
Or just give up and have a big MGTOW jackoff to cartoons.
>>
>>17701489

stop thinking about how one trait must mean another trait.

sounds like they're just not into dating you
>>
>>17701516
>anyone with preferences/standards is shallow
what is wrong with you?
>>
>>17701516
>MGTOW
No thanks, I'm an adult.
>>
>>17701526
I think anon had a point, maybe op shoudnt pigeon hole himself
>>
>>17701513
I'm more or less like that myself.

I'm 21 (almost 22) and I'm really still trying to figure out what my attitude towards dating and everything is. I recently came out of a major identity crisis so I've rewritten a lot of what my interests and goals are.

So part of the problem is I'm not sure how much I'm a casual dating person, or if I'm the type to make friends with someone before even seriously considering having a relationship.
>>
>>17701489
Do you have many female friends?
>>
>>17701560
I'd say it's about a 50/50 balance. In high school I almost exclusively have male friends but since I graduated it's pretty balanced, maybe a tad on the female side
>>
>>17701489
How old are you just curious?

If you're into studious girls, then get close to them by forming study groups. But you have to be legit about it
>>
>>17701526
Don't equate preferences to standards. I have standards, and a preference towards the same type of BBQ grill. However I'm open to grills outside of that type. If I was shallow enough not to have dated that one girl because she was alcoholic and short and had read hair, or that other one because she doesn't know who Schopenhauer is and mispronounces Vee-gan as vay-gan, I'd have missed out on the most worthwhile relationships in my life.
>>
>>17701573
21, almost 22. Currently at community college because I fucked up my first attempt at college and won't be graduating for a few years. Plus a PhD after that. Seems like a good idea I should take advantage of while I still have gen eds since I'm in a very male dominated field.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.