[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I asked a professor who had always written glowing letters for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (244KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
244KB, 640x960px
I asked a professor who had always written glowing letters for me in the past to write me a rec letter. I sent a nice email.

She responded with a single line:

"I would prefer not to write any letters for you."

Thats it.

The only negative situation I had was when I became very ill for a period of 3 months. But during that time I struggled and worked hard to do all my work and make deadlines. It was one of the hardest periods of my life but I handled it as best I could.

I feel very depressed that she thinks I am such a piece of shit now because I got sick.
>>
I highly doubt your sickness is the reason she declined your request
>>
>>17701452
It certainly is.
We both know it. Which is why she just sent one icy line.

I let down a lot of people when I got sick. I was living in a very badly maintained apartment run by a slumlord that wouldnt let me move without a huge penalty fee. I did not have a working shower for months. I struggled to keep my life and health together but several profs/employers watched me fall apart.

Most have been very kind and understanding but one other I also know just thinks I am a piece of crap.
>>
>>17701461
How do you know it's your sickness?
>>
>>17701471
Because she has written so many letters for me before and always thought I was a great person.

I became almost chronically ill while living in a horribly managed mildewy box without a working shower during a blizzard. I was in and out of the doctors office up to 5 times a week.

She pretended to be sympathetic but was very cold afterwards. I made a full recovery and have been the same excellent student excelling but there have been a handful of profs that just act like I am the biggest piece of crap, her included.

They have big heads and they dont understand how a poor student could almost die during a harsh winter in bad living conditions and think I "couldnt handle the stress" or "was acting to get out of work" even though it was an isolated incident. It doesn't register in their brain someone could have actually been struggling with failing health and doing their best
>>
>>17702644
You are omitting something anon. You dont just get sick and people hate you for it. Whats the context? How did you "let people down"?

Circumstamces aside did you act out in public? Turn up to an event looking disheaveled?
>>
>>17702668
Yes I came to a private meeting once I would not say "disheveled"
But looking extremely ill.

I let them down bc they are ivy league sticks in the mud and if you show any sign of weakess they are "let down" and "dissapointed"
>>
Of course if you are a professor you can be sick but if you are a Student then it must be weakness and weakness is not acceptable

I would argue showning up to a meeting fully prepared during a blizzard when I am extremely ill is far from weak but they dont see it that way
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.