[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth telling anybody Im depressed if Im not going to kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0356.jpg (875KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
875KB, 1813x2111px
Is it worth telling anybody Im depressed if Im not going to kill myself? Ive been having ups and lows lasting weeks at a time for 7-8 years. Should I just let time heal it?
>>
>>17701428
>lasting 7-8 years
>should I let time heal it

Go see a professional, you don't need to be suicidal to need help. And I say this as someone who was suicidal
>>
>>17701454
Ill probably go check one out when I have the time. Ive only thought about taking my life once. A few weeks ago it was one of my worst lows and I had tied a belt up to the staircase. I didnt go through because Honestly I was really scared. What helps/helped you with depression?
>>
>>17701465
>What helps/helped you with depression?

For me there really isn't one magic bullet but a lot of little things. For the most part humans aren't designed to be living in a modern world.

>little/no junk food
>exercise
>going outside
>good relationship, 4chan is awful for relationships
>no video games
>hobbies that feel like i'm working towards a goal
>>
>>17701428
Absolutely. No offense to you, I know it's something we want to do when we're depressed, but it's kinda foolish to damn yourself to suffer alone in silence without anyone being aware. It helps to tell people.

Think about it; has time healed it already? 7-8 years is a long time to be depressed.
>>
>>17701465
The only thing that has helped me is seeing a therapist. A guy in private practice with a PhD in clinical psychology who has been practicing for 30+ years. I am still going. I'm learning about myself and about people. I'm learning about all the things that happened in my upbringing and through his help I'm understanding why I react with certain feelings to certain things.
>>
>>17701475
Yeah im probably going to get help this week. I exercise when I have the time and thats the only real time my thoughts dont flood my mind. Thanks
>>
>>17701483
None taken, I have thought about telling my best friend but everyone I know thinks Im a happy person that laughs a lot. I would imagine it might ruin the relationship because some people dont want to be around a depressed person
>>
>>17701504
Friends are hard to come by when they discover that you're down. It is sort of true. But this person is your best friend you say. I imagine you already trust her with a lot of things. If she's your best friend, then she'll be supportive. She'll probably even understand. You need to tell her.

You know, it's okay to be depressed. There's not really such a thing as a rational or irrational feeling. Whatever you feel, there's always a reason you feel that way. Rationality just doesn't apply.

Things can change. I promise you that. It takes effort but it's not something you can do on your own.
>>
>>17701539
Shes my best friend in a "my only close friend" way. Im probably just a close friend to her, but ill try to bring it up in a conversation. I hope my depression goes away :)
>>
>>17701428
In my professional and personal experience, time never heals these feelings. Things just fester, you don't function properly in your life and you end up feeling like you've wasted years

Get help now
>>
What do therapists actually do. Srs question. Even after all the advise and talking and whatever, you're still left alone to grind and make decisions.

It's not like they're going to make my loans disappear, or hand hold me through a pipeline to happiness.
>>
>>17701428

Take it out on other people. Its pretty much the only way to feel better.
>>
>>17701989

My personal answer: they help you come up with coping strategies and the like to make life less painful. My therapist can't change how I see the world, or how I feel and I'm too stubborn to let her help me do that. But we both know the world isn't going to change, so the best we can do is figure out how to make my existence in it less painful for me. She can't solve my debt, but she can help me be in less pain about it.
>>
I have been dealing with diagnosed depression for the past 14 years. From when I was twelve, probably earlier. Been to a therapist for maybe five sessions and then stopped caring. I probably need medication but am too stubborn and proud to stoop to that.
>>
>>17702487
Mostly I just don't care. Tried to take life three times before.
>>
>>17702487
So please, do yourself a favor and don't repeat my mistakes. Get your ass to a doctor.
>>
>>17701428
People who are clingy about their depression sound annoying to me, everyone is depressed once in their life, just fix it by yourself, carrying your own responsibilities will also boost your confidence and mood.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.