[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every year my family asks me what I want for Christmas, and every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: christmas.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
christmas.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Every year my family asks me what I want for Christmas, and every year I don't have much that I want. Pretty much all media I consume is pirated (movies, television, books, games), so I don't spend money on much besides food or bills.

What do you want for Christmas this year?
>>
A new laptop
A work desk
Small lamp for when I am coding at night
A new backpack
A cotton jacket for the winter
>>
Want to see and be with my family
>>
>>17700834
One year I had literally nothing that I wanted (most of my hobbies cost pennies and the rest cost nothing beyond a WiFi connection) so I told everybody -- I don't really need any more *stuff.* But it felt super fucking shallow and boring to just ask for money, so I mentioned that what I'd really like would be to travel. Instead of getting a bunch of separate gifts my fiancee & family pooled their money and bought me a cheap plane ticket to Taipei (you can get tickets to really cool places for pretty fucking cheap if you have the patience to lurk on sites like Kayak for a couple months), a Lonely Planet guide to Taiwan, a little dictionary/phrasebook, you get the idea. It was honestly one of the best gifts I've ever received even though there was almost nothing concrete.

So: is there anywhere you'd like to go?
>>
I'd love to have a Hohner pianet T for x-mas. It's an instrument very similar to Wurlitzer or Rhodes (machanical electric piano) I'd play it through my guitar pedals and get all the vibes!
>>
Ask for clothes then. Clothes are the worst gift when you're a child but they're a fucking delight when you're older.
>>
Also once I just told my fiancee something along the lines of, "Honestly all I want this Christmas is to spend time with you and have you not be stressed, so just get me something really small, and take the money you would have spent and do something nice for yourself, or stash it away for a rainy day, whatever." It did fuck-all because she's compulsively generous and it's basically impossible to get her to NOT SPEND MONEY on me but maybe (hopefully) your folks are less self-sacrificing. Really just the knowledge that the people you care about aren't scrambling around trying to scrape together the cash for THE PERFECT GIFT is worth more than almost any actual gift could be.
>>
To hold my boyfriend tight in my arms and not have to let go..

But otherwise, I always just ask my mom to make my favorite dessert for me. Material things...if I want something I just buy it so come Christmas time there's nothing really to ask for
>>
>>17700906
Super Gay
>>
I generally ask for things that coincide with my hobbies or interests, whether it be ones that I already have or that I want to pick up.

Of course I like money and gift cards as well, money's a great gift and I like getting amazon/gas cards etc.

I usually list a lot of things I'd like to have and receive a few just so it's a surprise because I'm apparently a child and still freak out over surprises.

If I could ask for anything without worrying about money I'd ask for a sewing machine, kayak, a new tent, utility knife, board games, concert tickets, plant seeds, leather jacket, red velvet boots, a dress or two, surfboard, archery set... If money grew on trees I would probably ask for firearms/ammo but I don't want to be that much of an asshole.

>>17700872
This idea is awesome. Traveling is my favorite thing to do, if I had people band together and get my plane tickets/set up some cheap hostel rooms for a few nights somewhere, I would die of happiness.
>>
>>17700834
A decent watch, maybe have my dad's old watch from the 80's restored
Real, quality sunglasses. I squint at the slightest ray of sun, sun is basically my enemy.
Maybe something geeky/stupid from my sister and my niece and nephew like a Pikachu doll.

That's it. You usually hit a point where you can buy your own shit so you don't really care about getting presents, unless it's something really special or hard to obtain.

>>17701393
I traveled by myself this year to this beach. Things I learned

-There are situations when it's useful to travel with somebody else. E.G. going to the bathroom and having somebody else take care of your stuff, getting into the ocean, etc.
-You can do anything, at the time when you want and for as long as you want. I went to a museum, a park, a regular park in the middle of the city, then went to the zoo. Then returned and went to the beach.
-Be careful with the food. I didn't get poisoned from eating raw fish but with tacos. Fucking cooked tacos from a "decent looking" place
>>
>>17700834
A good job
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.