[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a future date, I plan to wear hidden cameras so that if something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: rep.jpg (118KB, 1200x842px) Image search: [Google]
rep.jpg
118KB, 1200x842px
In a future date, I plan to wear hidden cameras so that if something goes wrong in the date (ends in an argument, or she dips out, etc.), I can show footage to my therapist so she can point out what I did wrong.

Thanks to ever-improving miniaturization of components, we can wear cameras now that are so small, they can be concealed in everyday wearable objects, like glasses, pens, watches, etc.

The last time I dated, September 2007, she ended it with "Let's call this a friend-date." Maybe it was because my eyes were darting left and right because I felt like I was in a BIG exam? (An exam to prove how funny and desirable I am)

At least we parted ways with a hug, and remained FB friends until sometime in 2011.

I want to know how to be the funniest, most flawless date next time, and how to end every date on a good note in 100% of them.

The most effective way could be to have a "dating coach" sit in on the date, or at least watch from a remote location (a surveillance room, if the restaurant / dating venue has a surveillance camera pointed at our table, for example) and offer critiques later. Sad thing is, there are (apparently) no dating coaches in KS (I figure it's a coastal phenomenon, as in only available on either the Western or Eastern Seaboards.)

So in the absence of a dating coach (and even if they were to exist in KS, the money to hire one), the best I can do is wear hidden cameras at dates, and have my fortnightly therapist watch the footage with me so she can point out what all caused things to go wrong, if the results were anywhere less than perfect.

I wonder how often anyone else has done this. I'll have to find hidden camera date footage on YT to see how common this is.

Footnote: I've been diagnosed with 2 forms of anxiety. I'm "suspect of having" Asperger's (that means no formal diagnosis, but I apparently have some Aspie traits; not enough of them to warrant a formal diagnosis.)
>>
>>17699210
man. don't wear fucking cameras. how embarrassing. you are clearly fucked in the head.
>>
>>17699210
Don't do this.
>>
>>17699244
Why not?
>>
>>17699278

Because filming your dates without their consent is morally questionable at best and illegal at worst, depending on the context. Plus, the while concept of this idea is pathetic and does not go with your therapists job description. A therapist is there to help you improve, not to encourage your socially crippled behavioural patterns.
>>
>>17699278
Really? You can't imagine how you would feel if you put yourself out there to open yourself up to the possibility of connecting with someone, and have them record your every move/fuck up without your prior knowledge? You'd likely feel screwed.
If your therapist sees no issue with this I also find that entirely unprofessional. She should not be encouraging you to do things that go against standard etiquette of respect.

Also OP, I mean no offense because I respect that you want to improve yourself and get an as objective as possible outside opinion. But the part where you describe how you want to nail every date sounds a bit emotionally clueless to me. A date is an opportunity to see whether there's chemistry, you can talk naturally, you have things in common, you can make one another laugh. If that doesn't happen it does not necessarily mean that you fucked up, just that it wasn't there at the moment.
Sure you can improve yourself, you can learn how to navigate an awkward silence or spark a conversation, but you never have full control over the course of events. And you technically don't want to because you want to find out whether you're compatible with someone, not fake that you are...
>>
>>17699308
>You can't imagine how you would feel if you put yourself out there to open yourself up to the possibility of connecting with someone, and have them record your every move/fuck up without your prior knowledge?

I fail to see how that's relevant? Why would I have a problem with someone legally video recording me? At least in my country, recording someone in public (or in my home) without their knowledge or consent is perfectly legal.
>>
What the hell is wrong with you guys. The OP wants to improve on his dating life and you attack him for being "morally questionable?"

I'll tell you what's morally questionable: girls who give bullshit excuses as to why they don't want to continue things rather than telling the truth or girls who lie about their past.

Truth be told it is a long painful process to just keep going on dates. On the other hand recording the date can show you that blind spot you never noticed.

A lot of being interesting consists of having awesome hobbies, a great career, and good looks. However social skills are very important as well. Join groups of things you like or simply approach people at popular bars as the new guy.

Girls online get tons of attention, and thus always think there is "something better." Instead I would just buy the book day bang and use the blueprint to talk to girls in real life. It isn't memorizing lines but a guideline of where to steer the conversation.
>>
>>17699316
Because they can potentially humiliate you by putting the footage on youtube, showing friends, or even just re-watching it themselves and mimicking your best attempts to be charming.

Basically, they are exposing you to a situation without fully informing you of what exactly you are saying yes to. (A date that's being videotaped, instead of a date as a private moment.) It's not literally lying but you're not being open and upfront either.

That it's legal doesn't mean people find it pleasant. Telling someone they're a rotten cunt who should've been aborted while there was still time to do that is also legal.
>>
>>17699320
>I'll tell you what's morally questionable
How do those things in any way relate to each other? They can all be morally questionable, no need to pick one and exclude the other.

Would YOU be happy to secretly get recorded by a girl during something as personal as a date?
>>
Be sure to check up on the legal aspects of this before you go around doing it. In many jurisdictions it is illegal to do this without getting the informed consent of the other people you're recording, and honestly, attempting to get that consent is going to end a lot of dates right there.
>>
>>17699323
But it's not illegal and it's not like she'd ever know.
>>
>>17699359
>can something even be really wrong if it's not legal
>does something wrong even really take place if the wronged person doesn't know

Fine, these are half-assed reasons that people tell each other all the time to look away. No, what you'd be doing isn't some sort of capital crime, you're just being an everyday douchebag. But don't delude yourself into thinking that what you want to pull is not manipulative and disrespectful, albeit legal.
>>
It's a breach of trust. Seriously. If I go on a date with a woman, there are many things I expect of her: i expect her not to film me, or record me, I expect her not to steal from me, i expect her to not swear at me and be abusing, etc.

^ the above are unwritten rules. you don't give someone a list and say, 'don't do these', but you fucking well expect a normal person not to take such liberties.
>>
>>17699359
>But it's not illegal
Pop quiz: do you live in a one-party jurisdiction or a two-party jurisdiction?
>>
>>17699763
I live in Kansas, a one party consent jurisdiction.
>>
>>17699972
Okay, so you've done your homework. Just had to check.
>>
>>17699210
you should just be yourself on a date and not do something creepy like film the other person because that's not cool. dates are just hangouts with other people where you see if you like each other. there's no real wrong way to date because you're just presenting yourself to another person. you need to follow basic social rules like not being rude or strange but besides that how you date is up to you.
>>
>>17699210
>The last time I dated, September 2007, she ended it with "Let's call this a friend-date." Maybe it was because my eyes were darting left and right because I felt like I was in a BIG exam? (An exam to prove how funny and desirable I am)

Just look at the way you process your thoughts man. It's not about looks or even charm that attracts you. Simply listening to a girl and talking about her is enough to make her find the date enjoyable. And you want to hear about her don't you? You'd want to learn more about her, right?

I'll put my throwaway e-mail here if you want to talk some more. I want to help guys like you and I have a crap ton of trial and error stories that I'd love to share with you

[email protected]
>>
>>17699210
decent b8
unless you really are this autistic. in which case, i recommend sorting that out before you attempt to acquire females
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.