[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just wondering if there's a way to get over apathy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471483599778.png (264KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1471483599778.png
264KB, 540x429px
I'm just wondering if there's a way to get over apathy and inertia and start doing things?
---
There's a bunch of things I could be doing with my time. Excercising and practicing Chinese, reading and getting through my list of movies to watch. I've also been interested in a bunch of things but never really been able to get started, like various art forms.
But instead I stay at home and play dota and shitpost all day and I just can't find the motivation to do anything else.
In the past I've found the only thing to ever really motivate me is when I've been interested in a girl. But that always disappears eventually when I lose interest or realise it's not possible
>>
pls respond
>>
>>17699195
Treat your obvious depression?
>>
>>17699356
How do I do that?
>>
>>17699384
Go to a doctor
He'll fill you up with meds, you'll feel like shit for one month, then better for five, then meds stop working
Then you go to the doc, he gives you new meds and they don't work
After some time you'll realize that's how your life is gonna be and you can't use meds to run away anymore
Then you'll have to make use of your mental strength to control your life and try to keep apathy at bay
>>
>>17699356
There's several ways. You can seek professional help in the form of either medication or therapy - or both. Or you can turn to self-help if that seems like too much effort or not your thing, or whatever. You might reconsider later.
>>
I won't diagnose you with depression. What I will say is once you develop a habit, it becomes natural and easy to do. Playing Costa and shitposting is easy, that's probably why you like it. Anything worth doing is a challenge.

But, nothing really matters, so just do what you want. Even a life filled with regret ends. Even one with accomplishment ends. Both are painful, both are lonely, and only a fraction of the population is happy. Happiness doesn't matter though, see my first point.
>>
>>17699195
Dota 1 ? Let's play together
>>
Actually I've been taking meds and going to a psychologist for many years, but that's for social anxiety. Although I think the meds are anti-depressants but idk how that interacts. My social anxiety has improved over the years but depression (I assume I have it) has got worse.
Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try talk about it next time I go to the psychologist.
Although I'm really bad at expressing my feelings with the psychologist and I think it doesn't do a lot for me.

>>17699474
nah dota 2
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.