[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you be nice and get a girlfriend ? I'm in college and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Can you be nice and get a girlfriend ? I'm in college and haven't dated since mid high school and wanted to know if do you have to be an ass to get a gf. Pic related
>>
Well, I'm a pretty nice guy (too nice at times) and a girl likes me and I like her. We're getting to know each other before we become official. But yeah, you can be nice and get a girlfriend. There's no need to be an ass or anything. Besides, if you have to be an ass just to get a girl, then that girl isn't worth it.

What made you ask this question?
>>
>>17698428
I red articles and posts how the less the guy cares about a girl the more she'll be into him and etc etc
>>
>>17698455
Well, you could always play a little hard to get or act a little aloof. Basically, don't shower them with attention or hang out every single chance you get, because that's a good way to get bored of each other.

How nice are you exactly? To the point where you're a pushover?
>>
>>17698473
Not to that point. I'm nice but like not clingy. Thanks for the tips too !
>>
>>17698482
Hey, its no problem! I hope you find someone.
>>
>>17698492
I hope so too. Thanks !
>>
>>17698421
Sure, if you don't mind her cheating on you
>>
No.

I feel like I'm a fairly decent guy, and I personally know at least 16 girls who crush on me. If you're an ass to everyone, then that is going to repel the girls that you meet. Be nice, likable, funny and unique. Also dress nice and keep in good hygiene.
>>
You don't have to be an ass, but you have to try to get a gf. You can't hope to get a gf by being friends with a girl and hoping she'll see how nice you are and what a good bf you'd be. It just won't work.
>>
There's nothing wrong on being a nice guy, the problem is that some "nice guys" are usually oversensitive and emotionally unstable, those are not traits that a woman like in a man, you have to be confident and stable so she can see you as a masculine figure, its a biological thing, every woman likes a man who will make them feel safe, so being educated, caring and respectful is definitely a good thing, girls who like jerks tend to have a lot of issues, so just avoid them.
>>
Sure, it's when you're a Nice Guy that it's a problem. Nice Guys never get the girl.
>>
Did you browse /r9k/ by any chance? They are kissless virgins who think they are also experts on what girls like.

Girls don't like assholes. Being a nice guy is attractive. The problem is that usually when someone claims to be a nice guy he actually isn't. You almost certainly are like that as well, and not an actual nice guy.
>>
>>17698775
The big problem here is that I very, very rarely meet a hot woman who is not also batshit insane. Same goes for almost every guy I've talked to about this. As a result you get a lot of chicks who might be 5's or 6's who are genuinely interesting, nice, not crazy ladies but are overlooked because they're too "plain".
>>
>>17698828

Then decide what do you want from life, i bet you are young, so take your time.
>>
>>17698421
Honestly man, yes, but to an extent. I used to be too nice, and there is definitely such thing. But somewhere b/w being an ass and being walked on is a decent middle ground that works, assuming you find the right type of girl. That way you don't sacrifice your convictions and still end up winning. I'm nearing the end of college and finding more and more women this age care more for chivalry than they do edgelords. Hang in there brother.
>>
File: 1476270079292.gif (2MB, 333x194px) Image search: [Google]
1476270079292.gif
2MB, 333x194px
>>17698421

>Can you be nice and get a girlfriend ?

No. Nice people never get girlfriends. Every guy who has a girlfriend isn't nice. Being nice = no girlfriends. This isn't a completely retarded question at all.
>>
File: 1352509369627.jpg (48KB, 429x377px) Image search: [Google]
1352509369627.jpg
48KB, 429x377px
>>17698421
Are you fucking serious

There's a line between being a nice, amiable person and being a fedora lord that THINKS he's nice or someone that just lets anyone step on him.
>>
If you're the sort of person who is legitimately wondering this, you can't get a girlfriend, nasty or nice.
>>
>>17698880
or maybe just inexperienced
maybe he hasn't had enough of a shot with girls to work out what works better
maybe all he's heard is from pop culture relentlessly shoving down our throats that "girls like a bad boy"
>>
>>17698421
The distinction about being a nice guy is there's a difference between being genuinely nice, and being a fucking doormat because you want them to like to you.

Girls and people in general hate nice guys because you make these secret unwritten contracts with others that saying if you let them do whatever they want to you, they'll give you positive attention. And really how pathetic is that? Would you really want to hang around someone like that? Trust them? Respect them? Someone who doesn't respect themselves, and will seemingly do anything for positive attention?

Robert Glover wrote a book called No more Mr nice guy. I've read it twice and find myself coming back to it even though I've mostly been cured of this nonsense. Give it a read. It's seriously seriously SERIOUSLY worth it.
>>
Honestly about a month ago I would've said yeah and wrote a long paragraph about being yourself and all that good stuff but now man some girls do need some sorta Hot , asshole, pussy , Fuck Boy to be with them. As of right now I don't believe in love, It's a lie.
I am still hopeful and will remain the same good person I always am and will be, except better.
To answer your question
Yes and no.
Depends on the person.
Experienced girls are the FUCKING best and worst , you don't know what part of whoring around they're at.
>>
>>17698428
Dude I was in your situation a week ago please do me a favor and don't get hurt anon.
Just know what you are and what might happen.
This last week has been a living hell to me
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.