[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 19 year old university student and I've sporadically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1473734088137.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473734088137.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
I'm a 19 year old university student and I've sporadically lost almost all my ability to think. I used to read extremely abstract bullshit like academic dissertations in my free time for fun; now, all of a sudden, I can barely force myself to finish a single paragraph. It's not like I've lost the will to do these intellectual tasks, it's like all of a sudden I don't have a brain left to do them with. I'm perpetually drawing blanks and my ability to think in the abstract has deteriorated. My short-term memory has collapsed. I can try and try and try as hard as I can to just will myself to think things, it's just that nothing gets thought because I don't have anything left to THINK with. It's like I've been lobotomized.

It's gotten so bad that I can't focus on schoolwork anymore, schoolwork that I know would've enthralled me just a year ago. I know it's not some meme disease like chronic fatigue syndrome because the only "fatigue" I ever get is mental fatigue, even if I haven't done any mental tasks all day. My life is almost identical to the way it was last year -- idyllic -- yet suddenly I can't do anything I was recently able to. The same things that motivated me then should be motivating me now, especially since I scored some major life victories back then, the rewards of which I'm reaping today. That's why I'm convinced it's not depression, because I'm no more hopeless than I've ever been before, and I KNOW I'd be feeling ecstatic and motivated if only I had a brain left to feel or think anything with.

The last thing I did was try to schedule another doctor appointment because I want screening for a brain tumor, no matter how expensive it is. I'm putting my symptoms into search engines and rephrasing and rephrasing them over and over again but I don't get any results, and I know for a fact that this is a real condition impeding my ability to live. Please help.
>>
You're probably just overdoing it and need a break
>>
File: images (1).png (7KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
7KB, 205x245px
>>17697689

Jus b urself bro.
>>
>>17697689
Go easy on them stimulants bro
>>
>The last thing I did was try to schedule another doctor appointment because I want screening for a brain tumor, no matter how expensive it is

Wait so did you get the appointment? You said you tried to but don't say if you got it.
>>
>>17697739
Freshman year (last year) saw a much heavier workload than this semester, and I could rarely get the full 8 or 9 hours of sleep back then that I need to function. My schedule this semester allows that, yet suddenly things have changed for the worse instead of the better.

>>17697741
"Myself" isn't sitting in the same spot for three hours forgetting what it was like to be inspired or useful. "Myself" had a notably active mind and could always occupy or entertain himself. Suddenly not only do I not want to do anything, I can't imagine how I even could. I know for a FACT that my personality has changed for the worse.

>>17697750
Never used anything but caffeine, and I've even decreased my intake of that -- as a result of this problem, not right before it started happening, so it's probably not withdrawal.

>>17697755
She referred me to a psych, I took too long to follow up on that because psychs are useless, then I lost the reference sheet she gave me. I was hoping she'd point me to tests for SOME sort of physical condition. But no, they can't even touch on the possibility of something serious like a brain tumor because muh liability. And "brain tumor" is the one I'm entertaining only because no other physical ailment I looked up seems to even marginally match my symptoms.
>>
pls help
>>
someone pls help me
>>
>literally no one coming out with any possible conditions for these very specific systems

fuck modern medical science

fuck all of you

i'm going to die slowly, forced to watch my brain waste away because of all of you
>>
>>17698288
*symptoms
>>
>>17698265

We're not doctors. We can't. You sound like you're mentally unwell though. I doubt there is something physically wrong with your brain. I suspect it's more of a psychological nature. You need to see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17698301
>I doubt there is something physically wrong with your brain.
What makes you say that? Because I'm absolutely CERTAIN that my ability to THINK in any form has dropped to a billionth of what it was in very recent time.
>>
If you're really sure that a condition is triggering your issues, check for hypothyroidism before far fetched shit like a fucking brain tumor. I doubt it's a condition though, so welcome to the smart but lazy club my man. About your ability to think clearly, that can and will be lessened by an increasingly lethargic lifestyle and general mood.
>>
>>17698288
5 bucks says you're burnt out, and not sleeping enough. May also be depression, believe it or not.

Honestly you sound concerned. If taking a break or getting more sleep is not helping, try an actual doctor.
>>
Similar boat but I know why I am the way I am! Rly sucks I used to love school and was really patient with knowledge. But I burned out fast. U might just b burned out or something else like depression paranoia anxiety they can all come out of no where and just fuck up your pattern. For me taking 3 classes is already fucking overwhelming and I've never been this lazy in my life. I try to improve but it's slow process and I fall back into my old ways a ton. Do realize though academia only gets more challenging. I just don't give enough shits right now and possibly forever to keep going after college.

Good luck though. You're probably not as fucked as you think.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.