[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22, not a bad looking guy, have a good job, and make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dog1.jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
dog1.jpg
17KB, 313x286px
I'm 22, not a bad looking guy, have a good job, and make friends alright. I'm just awkward as fuck at parties and get jealous and depressed when everyone gets drunk and everyone (but me) pairs off. I've had to leave the last few parties I've attended early because I was about to break down in tears. A couple I know saw me crying leaving a party, asked me what was wrong, and I drunkenly told them everything (virgin, can't get women, constantly rejected for dates). I feel like such a faggot, and now I avoid parties where I know they'll be there.

I understand women don't want a downer and want a Chad, but I'm articulate, smart, and successful. I put myself out there and do my best to show off my intellect, but whenever I try to talk to women they immediately act annoyed and inconvenienced, which only makes me feel even more insecure.

I don't know what to do /adv/. Am I scaring women away? If so, how can I be less creepy?

>inb4 "try online dating." I've tried multiple sites and apps, sent messages to everyone who didn't block me, and only ever landed one date (the chick looked NOTHING like the picture she posted and was this really loud feminist who was obsessed with Hillary Clinton. Even she said no to my offer of a second date).
>>
>>17697593
You're not confident which is a huge turn-off/scary as hell to anyone. Women get annoyed by a lot of things, be yourself and make them mold to your standards, not the other way around.
>>
you're dumb and probably crazy.
>do my best to show off my intellect
that sounds annoying as hell
>>
How do you act at parties? Standing around and moping can make a big difference between involving yourself in conversations and making jokes.
>>
File: space.jpg (1MB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
1MB, 4256x2832px
OK, so if trying to seek women out is not working well, it might be better to change strategies a bit, go at it from another angle.

You can take the longer, more sure path and build a better life for yourself- improve yourself as a person and strengthen mind, body and spirit through exercising your brain and body. Turn your energy and attention towards building the life that you want for yourself. A dynamic, focused person attracts likeminded people.

Lot of people hate bible stories, but there's a good one about the two farmers dealing with drought. One cried and prayed and sat on his ass, watching helplessly as his land dried up, alternating between praying and bitching at God. The other one mended his fences, dug ditches and laid out his fields in preparation, doing everything but actually planting. When the rains finally came in, he was ready and squeaked by that year. The other guy got fucked.

Prepare your garden, OP, or prepare your anus. Choose wisely.
>>
>>17697665
OP here. I'll be the first to admit I'm TERRIBLE in social settings, but I have a good income and do a lot of reading. All studies on attraction show women are attracted to intelligence. In fact, when women say they want someone who makes them laugh, what they're really looking for is someone who shows signs of intellect as humor is highly correlated with high IQ. So that's what I try to channel when talking to women, but I can't seem to do so in a way that leads to any ultimate success (other than facebook friends).
>>
>>17697593
im 18 and had experienced that like once or twice but only because I just got to this country
Like yesterday was kind of like that but still had decent time dancing with girls although i didnt really felt like emphatizing or giving fuck about others(this happens when you're alone and not confident. Also when you're coming down from something)

When you're there alone it isn't very much a fun time. Just say hi to some people who look cool. Maybe talk to other awkward guy if you find one. Also you obviously hate yourself a lot so getting shitfaced and fucked up is a fun way too

In the long run you need to look into your self awareness and confident issues. Body language and shit like that
>>
>>17697593
I think you need to relax and/or try to meet people outside of parties

I tend to feel out of place and get bored at parties, so I don't go to very many
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.