[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cut off a depressed and bulimic girl, I made it perfectly clear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160715_161449.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_161449.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
I cut off a depressed and bulimic girl, I made it perfectly clear that I wasn't communicating with her again so she doesn't cling to some false hope. She was toxic in many ways and I don't think it's related to her condition, I can't say that I miss her. But I am sort of worried. What if her condition gets worse? I mean, she opened up to me and I was her pillar of emotional support for a long time.

I'm not bringing her back in my life in either case. But yeah, I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
>>17697360
some people gag themselves and think theyre bulimic. is she all talk or does she actually vomit.
>>
>>17697360
It's not your responsibility. You are not her therapist, or her partner, and you don't have any obligation to try to keep her well.

Cutting contact completely might just be a bit harsh though, why not just tone down how much you talk instead?

And I wouldn't assume >>17697365 is true, if she's calling herself bulimic she probably is. People who glamorise and self diagnose with eating disorders tend to go with anorexia, there's a weird elitism that way with those sort of people.
>>
>>17697360

maybe.

but what you have to remember is that its THEIR problem. you admitted she was toxic.

which means that you weren't actually her support, you were her crutch. you were someone to maybe slow down her descent. if you saw her changing for the better you would have likely stayed.

its liek they say, saving a drowning person: they'll struggle and just take you down with them.
>>
>>17697769
>They'll struggle and just take you down with them

You throw them something to grab on to. I don't get people like OP, Im going off the scenario he didnt try to get her help, for sake of my point. If you did try to help her op, ignore this post.

The mentality of people that say don't stick your dick in crazy pushes the idea that the "crazy" people are bad people. Believe it or not if you give people a chance they can turn into something great. If you try to help them and nothing comes of it, fair enough. But if someone tells you they have some issues, and you drop them right then and there (unless it's something fucking nuts like eating people or the person needs shock therapy) you're part of the problem.

For many, when youre in a depressed or bad place, only a hand can help pull you out of the water. Being human involves helping others. They didnt choose to be the way they are, people get sick physically and mentally, both should be treated with the idea you need to try to help. Like i said, if you try to help and fail, then you've done what you could. But dropping someone when they tell you theyve got problems? Nah man.

Imagine the worst part of your life. Either someone grabbed your hand and pulled you out or you just worked through it. If you worked through it, wouldn't you have liked some help? Someone who cares?

I don't know, Im just saying that we all have problems, and its not right to drop people if you don't at least try to help them.
>>
Is she skinny and/or a virgin? If so drop her contact, I know someone who's into mentally ill girls
>>
>>17698219
I think the point more of "don't stick your dick in crazy" is that no matter what you think, you can't cure them.

Mental illness can't just be got over, you can't pull them out of it usually, they have to do that themselves, with the help of a professional therapist over a fairly long time. You don't have any responsibility to have to put up with their issues in the mean time, because it can be really tough for a normal person to deal with it while they do, if they actually bother to put in the effort to instead of just leaning on you and using your support to cope with every issue as it comes up.
>>
>>17698274
Guess i don't see it that way. As someone with mental health issues I feel the need to help others with it. I find it unfair that people with issues don't get a fair shake. Like I said, if you try to help them and they don't listen or put in effort and just rely on you, then it's fine to just leave.
>>
>>17698297
You're not the only person with mental health issues anon, they don't necessarily make you see it a certain way.

As someone who also has relatively serious ones, I recognise the strain it puts on other people to maintain a relationship with me, and as such wouldn't expect anyone to. If they do, great, but if they want to avoid the stress, they should.
>>
>>17698306
I know it can be hard on others, but sometimes I wish they would stay. I'm trying to get better, and it would help if someone was with me to have my back.

Misery loves company my friend.
>>
>>17698322
It really wouldn't help that much, you'd just have the extra stresses of a relationship on top of everything else.

It helps to have good family and a good psychologist to talk to, as well as friends. A partner won't fix anything.
>>
>>17698337
A reason to get out of bed in the morning helps. The lack of female compassion and love is a contributing factor to my depression.
>>
>>17698346

>The lack of female compassion and love is a contributing factor to my depression.

How do you know that?
>>
File: 1355103752986.jpg (66KB, 666x968px) Image search: [Google]
1355103752986.jpg
66KB, 666x968px
>>17698410
I really don't wanna get into this anon, I have a therapist for a reason
>>
>>17698346
If you're depressed because no gf, you don't have a mental illness, that's a normal thing. Being lonely isn't MDD.

And as someone who's suffered from depression, I can tell you, having a partner doesn't make it any easier. You just have all the same shit, plus the stress normal people have with relationships, plus the extra issues that having a low self esteem leads to in interpersonal relationships.

I get the feeling you're pretty young.
>>
>>17698493
It's not just no gf, but it is a factor

I really don't want to get into this please

And yeah im 18
>>
>>17698505
>I really don't want to get into this please

Then don't bring it up? I don't care about your personal issues, it's not my problem at all, but you brought them up in the conversation.

And yeah, you're way too young to be able to say. I'm telling you. If you have depression, not just angsty teen shit, a gf will not help you at all. It'll just stress you more.
>>
>>17698219

OP here. I've been her support for a long time and offered any help I could've possibly afford. She was in fact getting better. But in return I was met with being unappreciated and taken for granted. I felt used.

I believed she was a sweet, special person who just needed some extra care but turns out she was a narcissist with manipulative tendencies. This is why I dropped her. I've had enough.
>>
>>17697360
>What if her condition gets worse?
not your problem. reason for why she was toxic to you is her pressuring you.

you did the right thing.
>>
Just wrote something, but mobile network got cut off.
Tldr: relationship is a two-way street.
>>
>>17698516
>If you have depression, not just angsty teen shit, a gf will not help you at all. It'll just stress you more.

Absolutely true. I'm currently in that boat. I've been dealing with depression (20+ years), and my fiance (?) just gets utterly frustrated with my inability to get a firm grasp on it. He blows up all the time and threatens to leave because I "won't listen" to him. It puts a tremendous amount of pressure on me and makes me feel guilty about being so helpless, which just ends up making things worse.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.