[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exposure to girls? Hey /adv/, I have a bit of a problem and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1477204983946.gif (374KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477204983946.gif
374KB, 1200x900px
Exposure to girls?

Hey /adv/, I have a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone could give some advice.

So basically I don't meet many new girls, and I'd like to because that's how you start relationships. Not to say I don't have friends who are girls, and can't talk to them, rather the places I do go have very little, if any, girls there. I'd rather not go to clubs or something because the girls there are probably not gf material for me.

So my question is: were can I go that will have girls for me to meet that arent picked up from a club/bar/etc?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
College (maybe masters). I'm not even joking. If you're serious about it this is the best place to meet women. Pick a field you have some kind of interest in, preferably something easy that girls tend to study, enroll and go to some classes. Or go to classes without enrolling at all if it's too expensive, you can do that in some colleges. Learning new stuff can be beneficial and healthy for your mind too.

I've known a couple of guys who did it, one of them being like 40. They had a lot of success, guys with a stable income and life and with well-developed social skills are quite a rarity in college.
>>
>>17696378
This.

I'm not even ashamed to say a big reason I went back to college was to meet girls. Some campuses are legit 70% female. 70% women at the time in their life when they're the horniest and most attractive. It's a no-brainer.
>>
>>17696378
Currently in my senior year studying Computer Science, so swimming in girls :^)
But yeah, there are little chances to approach girls in classrooms for me because I'm trying to learn the material, and have to leave for other things after class. I'm trying to go to more social events, but as of yet there isn't really any chances to get to know girls better
>>
>>17696387
Mate I'm sorry to tell you, but if you can't "get to know girls better" at college you won't be able to do that anywhere else. Unless your college is like 80% men, which I find hard to believe even in CS. At Harvard it's like 60/40 in this field.

Your problem is not with the opportunities you get, it's with the way you (fail to) take advantage of them. Well, I guess that if you want an even easier mode wait till you're done with CS and have a decent job, then go "study" photography or something like that.
>>
>>17696411
I feel you. I guess I just have to assert myself more around the girls here. Just gonna have to find the motivation to try to get to know a stranger better without any relative interests I suppose. But then how do I not appear creepy I'd it's more or less out of the blue?
>>
>>17696357
> I'd rather not go to clubs or something because the girls there are probably not gf material for me.

you stop thinking this, first of all. there are girls in clubs right now who are thinking the same thing you are. it isn't about location.
>>
Approach girls in public places. Shops, bars, clubs, malls, on the street etc. You can approach a girl literally anywhere. Ideally you want to catch them giving you extended eye contact first (longer than a second is a sign of interest) which will make an approach easier since they have already shown themselves to be attracted to you, but not required.

Don't use cheesy pick up lines or make an excuse. Just confidently walk up to them and say somthing like "hi I'm [name]. I think you are really cute and wanted to say hi" and then shake their hand. This tells them straight away that you are attracted to them. If they reject you, it's cool. Move onto the next girl. If they engage in conversation then great, she is attracted to you.

All you have to do then is small talk for a few mins, ask her if she lives in the town/city, what she does, does she come to the place often etc and just find out about her while also telling about yourself. If she is smiling and maintaining lots of eye contact the whole time then she is attracted. If that's the case, ask her what she's up to after whatever it is she's doing and if she's not busy tell her she should come for a coffee with you. If she's busy, get her number and call her a bit later to arrange a date.

Confidence is key. Everything you do or say should be done with confidence. You should have good posture; chest up, back straight, feed shoulder width apart and shoulders pulled back slightly. Constantly practice good posture so that it becomes natural. When you speak, it should be clear, loud and not rushed. Also have a firm grip when you handshake.

Do not be afraid of rejection. Not every woman you approach will be receptive or neutral. Some of them will just flat out reject you and that's just a fact of life. Think of rejection as a good thing since it saves you time and quickly weeds out the girls that aren't interested.

If you want to know more, read Models by Mark Manson. Great book.
>>
>>17696428
I can't think of any general advice on how not to be creepy. Thing is, in college people just tend to interact a lot with each other, so unless you're doing something off-putting I don't think people will find you creepy just for talking to them. Try not to make it obvious that you're only trying to interact with girls, though. Be friendly and chatty with everybody and spend time with your group of friends. If you don't have one try to join one. Having friends is very important, much more important than having a girlfriend in my opinion.
>>
>>17696357

couchsurfing.com, meetup.com
>>
>>17696435
You could be right, and my assumption could be holding me back from meeting someone. I'll try to keep an open mind.
>>17696436
When I see girls sitting alone and they seem like they'd be nice, I think about sitting with them and chatting, but it seems weird to approach someone out of nowhere
>>17696438
That sounds like sound advice. I should probably try to get to know the friend groups my other friends hang with so it's easier and potentially less awkward l. But you're right, friends are more important. Just miss the intimate feeling of a relationship
>>
>>17696378
>take out loans for a shitty worthless field to MEET WOMEN

oh my god
why even bother at that point you pathetic shits
fuck this entire board
>>
>>17696436
Dont listen to this guy, only players do this only sluts fall for it.
This girls you get doing this wont be worth a single second of your life.
At least get to know them first, their personality and how they're like.
>>
>>17696482
You clearly don't know shit if you think that only players cold approach. No, only confident people approach and players fit into that since they are confident enough to have repeated success with women. In fact, if anything, you have just supported my post in saying that since players are people who have many women on the go at once.

>>17696458
Yes, it does seem like it would be awkward, but as long as you approach them in a confident way and are sincere with your compliment, they can only take it well. Worst case scenario, they politely decline you and you move onto the next girl. Best case, they are attracted to you, you hit it off and you take her out. There's nothing to lose so just go for it.
>>
>>17696482
Also, I literally told him to ask them questions about themself in a bid to get to know them while telling them about himself as well. How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>17696554
i mean, it looks like you're parroting lines straight out of a pick-up artists for dummies handbook. otherwise, some of your advice is solid.
>>
>>17696562
I know it comes across a bit like that as PUA uses similar methods but the difference is that I'm not saying use cheesy canned lines or put on an act. I'm saying all you actually need to do is be confident, up front and honest. PUA is bullshit because you're not being yourself, you're just putting on an act and eventually a girl will see through it.
>>
>>17696587
yeah, that's what i'm saying. getting over the fear of rejection if the biggest hurdle, because a lack of confidence stems from that i think. at the end of the day, everyone has to come to terms with the fact that you will be rejected sometimes. everybody is.
>>
>tfw my course and college is majority male
I'm not shy or autistic but I can't get a girlfriend as I meet no girls in my life. Exam pressure, finding internships and general unavailability of females in my social circles is a death sentence. What do?
>>
>>17696383

>honiest

citation needed
>>
>>17696461
Not everyone is a poorfag, anon. Not everyone lives in a country that requires you to pay a fortune for education, anon. Also

>Or go to classes without enrolling at all if it's too expensive
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.