[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>engineer for railway comms systems >mostly maintenance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

>engineer for railway comms systems
>mostly maintenance work
>company has employee shortage, so im involved in 2 projects, 3 different locations
>same shitty pay
>clients call me on a sunday asking me to work the night shift
>if i dont, they'll email my higher-ups and make a complaint
>tfw i have to wake up at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow to travel 40 kilometers away to work a 12 hour shift

How do I manage this shit, /adv/? I've resorted to blocking their numbers on the weekends but it seems like they won't stop bugging me with unknown numbers and those fucking complaint threats.
>>
>>17695974
Don't pick up the phone on a weekend, even if it is an unknown number.
>>
>>17695983
nah I mean how do I handle all this shit I'm dealing with? The clients just won't understand that I'm doing a job suited for 2-4 people. They still force me to go to the site for very insignificant reasons like "we gotta change the text message" or "you HAVE to fix this LCD"
If there's a huge problem like a camera went out or maybe the driver's UI has some serious issues then I'm there in no time.

Engineers before me suffer the same problem as well, so I'm quite sure I'm not the problem here.
>>
what about not picking more contracts than people you have. just let this fail.

your superiors must be retarded.
>>
>>17696200
i bloody know right...
I have not much working experience and I was planning on asking them for either a pay raise or just handle one project, but will it make a bad impression of me in the long run?
>>
>if i dont, they'll email my higher-ups and make a complaint

Why don't you go higher-up and ask them about it? Given that you're doing a larger share of work, there ought to be some give and take on both sides.

Otherwise and unfortunately, that's just the nature of the beast. They want their sign fixed, they can't really think "Oh but he has to come all this way only to make a small change that we don't really need". Basically what I mean is, you can't really blame them for contacting you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.