[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some serious advice. >Started dating an indian girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
I need some serious advice.
>Started dating an indian girl a little over a month ago
>She's incredibly attractive, well-rounded, extroverted; seems like a total catch.
>She told me fairly early on that she was married for about a year following a 3-year long distance relationship that eventually brought her over to the U.S. for this guy

Supposedly he got abusive and she ended things and got a divorce. All of this is sort of troubling in an emotional baggage way.
Against my better judgement, I did some online sleuthing and tracked down her ex.
The guy is like..fucking 50 years old. Despite this, I haven't found anything that contradicts what she has told me but in total:
Emotional baggage from past abuse
Prior marriage (she's 25, i'm 27)
and me now knowing that she had the sort of judgement that lead her to fucking a guy 20+ years older than her is causing some serious doubts despite our mutual happiness up to this points.
What should I do? Please help me out.
>>
Go for it. She does not have kids and she was rational enough to get a real divorce.she sounds like a blessing. Spend some time with her and relax and try and have a good time
>>
>>17695763

this, shes not perfect but way better than most people who put up with abuse and think they can remedy it by having kids
>>
She probably was a mail-order bride. That's called being desperately poor (or have incredibly poor judgment over her career).

Don't stress this too much though and once you're more comfortable, bring that old guy in a conversation.
>>
>>17695747
I dunno if it's still true but india have/used to have a big history with arranged marriage
meaning that he might not have choosen the guy back then but was actually pushed / forced to do it

Even if it wasn't the case in a lot asian country money is sometimes criteria than love when it comes to marriage.

So, i think you shouldn't consider this as a threat to your relationship just because of the age of her ex
>>
You're fucking retarded if you're going to blame her for a marriage she was almost certainly pressured into.

Actually, go ahead and break up with her, because she's bound to find a guy who can appreciate her a million times more than you can.
>>
File: 1476968564357.jpg (272KB, 1244x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476968564357.jpg
272KB, 1244x1200px
OP here. A couple of things to clarify.
Yes, India has a history of arranged marriages although it is much rarer now. This is with a white man from America who she met online and had a 2 year long distance relationship. Arranged marriages are only between two Indians.

And I get what you guys are saying, and I'm semi-surprised at the level-headedness I'm seeing here, but..
Even though she technically didn't do anything wrong, it's odd and somewhat disturbing that she would get into a relationship with a man 35 years older than her.
And on top of that, it is at this moment, approximately 7 months after she had gotten officially divorced and she is already telling me that she loves me (1 month into the relationship).

If she was abused, and had this tragic disaster of a marriage. Why was she so quick to recover and fall head over heels into another relationship?

Am I really that crazy to be a little concerned over some of these details of her recent past?
>>
And let me also point out that she is by no means this poor, 3rd world charity case.
She is a self described feminist and bisexual who is exceedingly modern/progressive in her views and has near-perfect English speaking ability.

I'm also not the first relationship she's had since her divorce was finalized in May, she's dated another guy for a month or so over the Summer, and has now told me that she has never felt this way about a guy before (and yet was married in the last year) making the statement a little dubious.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.